My unique holiday gift wrap idea is the perfect way to personalize that gift for your special someone.
THE BEST PART – you can use this idea for any gift for any occasion….not just Christmas.
How I Stumbled Upon This Gift Wrap Idea
Several years ago, I was shopping in my local HEB and needed some gift wrap.
I walked through the holiday shopping aisle and spied some tissue paper with Christmas trees on it.
So, I grabbed it and went on my merry way.
When I got home and started wrapping gifts, I opened the tissue paper and realized that it actually smelled EXACTLY like a Christmas tree.
I immediately got back in my car and went back to HEB.
I bought every single package of the wonderful smelling tissue paper they had in stock.
The next year, I went looking for the same tissue paper………and found nothing.
I searched and I googled, I searched and I googled…….nothing.
That is when I decided I could make my own.
1 package of tissue paper
1 tin of Scentsicle All Natural Christmas Tree fragrance
- Open the end of the tissue paper.
- Pour the contents of the scentsicle package into the decorative tin.
- Set the lid to the tin aside.
- Place the bowl with the scentsicle fragrance inside the tissue paper packaging towards the center of the package.
- Take the end of the package back in place to seal in the scent.
- Leave the tissue to soak up the scent for approximately 5 days. The longer you allow the scentsicle to sit sealed within the tissue paper package, the stronger the scent will be.
- When you are ready to wrap your packages, remove a few pieces of tissue paper as needed to wrap the gift.
- Voíla! Your gift will now smell like a heavenly Christmas tree when your loved one opens their gift.
- You can also use the Scentsicle ornament sticks if you can not find the tins. Just place the sticks in some type of small dish so that they do not get oils on your tissue paper.
- If the bag your tissue paper cam in is too small to hold the tin or a small dish, remove the tissue paper from the bag and place the tissue paper in a plastic bag or garbage bag. Place the tin in the garbage bag with the tissue paper. Remove as much of the air as possible. Lay the bag flat and allow to sit for 3-5 days for the tissue paper to absorb the scent.
- You can use any type of natural essential oils to achieve the scent you are looking for at any time of year. Just soak several cotton balls in the essential oil and place the cotton balls in a small ceramic dish before placing inside the tissue paper packaging or garbage bag. Eucalyptus, cedar wood, rosemary and lemon are all great alternatives!
What other fun ways do you spruce up your gift wrap for the holidays?
Make sure to drop me a comment and let me know what you think of my unique gift wrap idea this holiday season.
Looking for More Ideas and Inspiration?
- DIY Unique Footed Tray for Holiday Decor and Entertaining
- Unique Dried Fruit Garland DIY
- Easy Bottle Brush Tree DIY – Gorgeous Christmas Decor
- DIY Aged Pot Tutorial Using Two Materials
- How To Decorate a Christmas Tree
- S’mores Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies
- J Dub’s Butter Pecan Cookies
- Easy Homemade Chicken Pot Pie
- J Dub’s Cajun Red Beans and Rice
Make sure to follow me on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest for all my latest recipes and DIY’s
LindaDecember 10, 2020 7:00 pm
What a great idea! I have everything I need for this one.
DanielleDecember 10, 2020 10:35 pm
What a great idea! There is no better smell than the smell of Christmas!
Carol KarlDecember 10, 2020 11:31 pm
What a great idea. Thanks so much for sharing this. I think you could also use some essential oil on a cotton ball to scent the paper.
KathrineDecember 11, 2020 12:10 am
MarieDecember 11, 2020 11:42 pm
What a fun idea! I would never have thought to do this. You could make all sorts of scents!
Kimberly SnyderDecember 13, 2020 4:39 pm
what a creative idea! thanks for sharing!!
Christin CieslarskiDecember 18, 2020 6:18 pm
I love it! So creative!!
JulietDecember 18, 2020 6:28 pm
So clever! I love it! xo