Here’s a great spring/summer cookie you will bake over and over again!
1 1/2 cups (251 grams) chopped strawberries, drizzled in juice of 1 lemon
2 1/4 cups (270 grams) self rising flour ( I use King Arthur) (see notes below to make your own)
1 stick butter (113.5 grams), room temperature
8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
1 egg, room temperature
1 cup white chocolate chips
1/2 cup (100 grams) sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
Ingredients for Ice Cream Sandwiches
- 1/4 of 1/2 gallon Strawberry and Homemade Vanilla Blue Bell Ice Cream
- Pre-heat oven to 350 F, and line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- While oven is heating, drain fresh lemon juice from chopped strawberries. Leave strawberries in strainer to continue to drain as you finish mixing other ingredients.
- Beat butter and cream cheese together until creamy.
- Next, add sugar and beat again until light and fluffy.
- Add egg and vanilla, mix until just incorporated.
- Gradually add 2 1/4 cups self rising flour and mix until well combined.
- Add in chocolate chips and mix until well combined.
- Remove the bowl from mixer.
- Sprinkle strawberries with 1 Tbsp reserved self rising flour.
- Gently fold in strawberries by hand using a large mixing spoon. Try to completely fold the strawberries into the batter with as few strokes as possible so strawberries are not crushed…Unless you want a pink cookie instead of a white cookie with fresh strawberries.
- I use two large spoons (one to scoop and one to scrape dough off other spoon) and scoop cookie dough out of bowl and onto cookie sheets, spaced 2 inches apart. This is approximately 2 tablespoons of dough. I, personally, want a big cookie. Feel free to go smaller, but this will change the baking time. This recipe easily makes 32 huge cookies.
- Bake for 11-13 minutes only until edge of bottoms look golden brown. Do not over-bake. You will think the cookie is not done, but….
- Allow cookies to rest on cookie sheet for an additional 3 minutes. Use spatula to remove cookies from cookie sheet and place on cooling rack to completely cool. Continue baking additional cookies.
- Once cooled completely, store cookies in sealed container in fridge. You will need to separate each layer of cookies with a layer of parchment paper to prevent sticking. These cookies are unbelievably moist and perfectly sweetened, and yet do not fall apart when you stuff them in your pie hole.
Directions for Sandwiches
- Place frozen ice cream on counter to soften for one hour.
- Once softened, spread ice cream into a one inch layer in a pyrex dish.
- Cover the dish with foil and return to the freezer to harden for at least two hours.
- After your cookies have baked and cooled, place them back on a cookie sheet in the freezer for at least two hours.
- Once your cookies are frozen, use a round biscuit cutter to cut circles into the frozen ice cream.
- Turn one cookie upside down and place the ice cream biscuit on it.
- Place another cookie on top of the ice cream.
- Gently “smush” the cookies together to push the ice cream to the outer edge of the cookies.
- Return the cookie sandwiches to the freezer to harden again.
- Remove them and wrap them individually in wax paper. Then place the cookies in a freezer zip lock back.
- To ensure freshness, eat within 1 month.
- If you do not have self rising flour on hand, you can add 3 teaspoons baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon baking soda, 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt to 2 1/4 cups self rising flour and follow the directions as usual.
- Instead of chopping the strawberries, sometimes I only slice them. This gives me bigger chunks of strawberry throughout the cookie.
- You can bake the cookie longer if you desire, it just want be as cake like in texture.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 13 minutes
- Category: Cookies
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: strawberry, whit chocolate