Have you tried my Strawberry White Chocolate Cookies yet? This cookie has always been a favorite of mine.
This cookie is extra, EXTRA special as it was the first cookie I baked with David’s son, over 6 years ago. I have changed the recipe up over the years, and the last version I made was a success only by complete accident.
I had run out of all-purpose flour, refused to drive into town, and gave self-self-rising flour a whirl. In my opinion, the results were outstanding and therefore, this cookie gets a spot on my blog.
1 1/2 cups chopped strawberries, drizzled in juice of 1 lemon
2 1/4 cups (281 grams) self rising flour ( I use King Arthur)
1 Tablespoon self rising flour reserved for fresh strawberries
1 stick butter (113.5 grams), room temperature
8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
1 egg, room temperature
1 cup white chocolate chips
1/2 cup (100 grams) sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
- Pre-heat oven to 350 F, and line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- While oven is heating, drain fresh lemon juice from chopped strawberries. Leave strawberries in strainer to continue to drain as you finish mixing other ingredients.
- Beat butter and cream cheese together until creamy.
- Next, add sugar and beat, until light and fluffy.
- Add egg and vanilla, mix until just incorporated.
- Gradually add 2 1/4 cups self rising flour and mix until well combined.
- Add in chocolate chips and mix until well combined.
- Remove bowl from mixer.
- Sprinkle strawberries with 1 Tbsp reserved self rising flour.
- Gently fold in strawberries by hand using a large mixing spoon. Try to completely fold the strawberries into the batter with as few strokes as possible so strawberries are not crushed…Unless you want a pink cookie instead of a white cookie with fresh strawberries.
- I use two large spoons (one to scoop and one to scrape dough off other spoon) and scoop cookie dough out of bowl and onto cookie sheets, spaced 2 inches apart. This is approximately 2 tablespoons of dough. I, personally, want a big cookie. Feel free to go smaller, but this will change the baking time. This recipe easily makes 32 huge cookies.
- Bake for 11-13 minutes only until edge of bottoms look golden brown. Do not over-bake. You will think the cookie is not done, but….
- Allow cookies to rest on cookie sheet for an additional 3 minutes. Use spatula to remove cookies from cookie sheet and place on cooling rack to completely cool. Continue baking additional cookies.
- Once cooled completely, store cookies in sealed container in fridge. You will need to separate each layer of cookies with a layer of parchment paper to prevent sticking. These cookies are unbelievably moist and perfectly sweetened, and yet do not fall apart when you stuff them in your pie hole.
I hope you enjoy my Strawberry White Chocolate Cookies. Let me know what you think!
Lookin for another cookie recipe? Try these.
J Dub’s “Whatever” Cookies are a great cookie for “whatever” holiday you are celebrating. Just switch out the colored M & M’s to match the theme of any holiday.
J Dub’s Butter Pecan Cookies incorporate toasted pecans and browned butter into a cookie that is perfect for fall!
This post does contain affiliate links. This means if you click on certain links and purchase a product I recommend, I will receive a small commission. If you don’t feel comfortable with this, you can do a google search (instead of clicking on my links) to find my recommendations. If you do make a purchase through my links, thank you so much for supporting my website.