This strawberry cream cheese pound cake is the perfect dessert for summer parties.
- 2 cups salted butter (452 grams), softened at room temperature
- 3 1/2 (693) grams cups sugar
- 10 large eggs, room temperature
- 4 cups (480 grams) all purpose flour
- 1 T vanilla
- 16 ounces strawberries, rinsed and chopped
- 1 8 ounce bar cream cheese, softened
Strawberry Glaze (optional)
- 2 Tablespoons strawberry preserves
- 1 Tablespoon milk
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Grease and flour 1 large loaf pan ( or a 10 cup bundt pan, or 2 regular size loaf pans).
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cream the butter.
- Gradually Add sugar and mix until light and fluffy.
- Add cream cheese and then mix again just until incorporated.
- Add each egg one at a time, just until incorporated and yellow yolk is mixed in.
- Gradually add 4 cups of flour.
- Add vanilla and mix again.
- Remove the bowl from the mixer, and add in strawberries.
- Mix them in gently with a large spoon so as not to crush the strawberries.
- Pour mixture into greased and floured pan.
- Bake in oven for approximately 1 hours and 35 Minutes. But, check periodically after the first hour so that you don’t over bake the cake.
- Allow the cake to cool for 45 minutes in the pan before inverting.
- If using the strawberry glaze, mix all the ingredients together and pour over the completely cooled cake.
- Serve with ice cream drizzled with any leftover glaze.
- Do not over bake this cake. Make sure to check it often after the first hour in case your oven runs hot.
- When you bake, use a scale to measure your dry ingredients. You will be shocked at the difference in the amount of flour and sugar you use. It really makes a huge difference in how your baked goods turn out.
- Use high quality vanilla extract. This ingredient will also make a big difference in your baking.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour 35 minutes
- Category: dessert
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: strawberry cream cheese pound cake, strawberry