These giant cookies are sure to be hit this Christmas season. The secret to this unbelievably moist chocolate chip cookie is the s’mores center hidden inside the cookie.
- 2 1/2 cups (300 grams) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon (1.3 grams) kosher salt (diamond Krystal)
- 1 teaspoon (6 grams) baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon (2 grams) baking powder
- 1 cup (142 grams) crushed graham crackers
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup (227 grams) butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup (160 grams) brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (99 grams) granulated sugar
- 2 large egg, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons (10 grams) vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup (113 grams) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup (85 grams) roughly chopped milk chocolate
- 1 cup (43 grams) mini marshmallows, for dough
- 1 1/2 cups (86 grams) mini marshmallows, for filling
- 6 graham cracker wafers broken in half (a wafer is 1/4 of the graham cracker packaged in the sleeve)
- Whisk together flour, salt, cinnamon, baking soda, and baking powder. Set aside.
- Crush the graham crackers in a zip lock bag using a rolling pin. Or, you can buy pre-crushed graham crackers in the baking aisle of your local grocery.
- Next, using a stand mixer, cream the butter and sugars together until fluffy.
- Add each egg one at a time, beating until just incorporated.
- Next, add the flour and mix well to incorporate. You may have to scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Then, add the vanilla and mix again.
- Remove the bowl from the mixer and fold in the graham crackers, chocolate, and mini marshmallows in by hand.
- Scoop a portion of dough about the size of the center of your palm into your palm and flatten slightly.
- Place 1/2 of a graham cracker wafer into the center of the dough.
- Place 4 to 5 mini marshmallows on top of the wafer.
- Top the mini marshmallows more cookie dough to cover the graham crackers and marshmallows, making sure to completely enclose both the graham cracker and the marshmallows so they don’t disappear during baking.
- Repeat this process with the remaining dough and marshmallows.
- Place the cookies on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone baking sheet and cover with seran wrap.
- Chill the dough balls in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours. You can also chill these overnight for up to 3 days.
- When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Uncover the cookies and bake for 13-16 minutes or until a light golden brown.
- Check the cookies often to make sure they are not spreading to quickly.
- The cookie will look slightly underdone.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and allow to cool approximately 5 minutes on the baking sheets.
- Then, using a spatula, remove the cookies to finish cooling completely on a wire rack.
- Serve immediately or store in an airtight container and enjoy within 48 hours.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes (plus 3 hours chilling time)
- Cook Time: 13-16 minutes
- Category: cookies
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: s'mores stuffed chocolate chip cookie