My savory Christmas tree bites are full of my homemade pimento cheese and crumbled bacon. They will be the first thing to go at your next holiday get together.
- 1 box puff pastry, thawed
- 1 cup homemade pimento cheese, room temperature
- 6 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 10 wooden skewers
- 10 olives
- Once both sheets of puff pastry have thawed, roll out gently with a rolling pin to remove creases and shape into a 9×12 rectangle.
- Spread the pimento cheese evenly over one sheet of the puff pastry.
- Sprinkle bacon crumbles over the pimento cheese.
- Top the bacon with the second sheet of puff pastry.
- Using a serrated knife of pizza cutter, cut the pastry lengthwise into 10 strips.
- Fold each strip into a Christmas tree shape by folding the puff pastry back on itself in layers that get smaller with each fold.
- Place a skewer in the bottom of each Christmas tree and push through to the top of each tree.
- Place each skewered Christmas tree on a parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Add garlic to melted butter and baste each Christmas tree.
- Chill the Christmas trees in the refrigerator while you are preheating the oven.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove the Christmas trees from the refrigerator and bake for 18-22 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Once cooled, place an olive on the top of the skewer.
- Serve immediately.
- You can also prepare these a day ahead, then bake when ready to serve.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 18-22 minutes
- Category: Appetizers
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Christmas appetizers, savory Christmas tree bites, holiday food