J Dub’s Saint Patrick’s Pound Cake is my nod to the “pinch me, I am not wearing green” holiday.
My St. Paddy’s Pound Cake is Heaven on Earth one bite at a time.
The toasted pecans in this pound cake provide the delicious crunch.
But, the Baileys Irish Cream is what makes this cake irresistible.
This post contains affiliate links. If you click on certain links and purchase a product I recommend, I will receive a small commission.Print
My St. Paddy’s Day Pound Cake is a Heaven on Earth for grown ups. (only because of the Bailey’s).
1 cup butter
2 cups sugar
1 Tablespoon Vanilla
1 teaspoon baking powder
3 cups (375 grams) flour
1 cup Bailey’s Irish cream
1 cup toasted pecans, chopped
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup Sugar
3 T Bailey’s Irish cream
2 Tablespoons Vanilla
Ingredients for Ganache
Directions for Cake
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spray bundt pan and set aside.
- Next, cream butter and sugar together.
- Add eggs one at a time, mixing just until each is incorporated
- Meanwhile mix flour and baking soda together.
- Gradually add flour alternating with Baileys Irish cream, mixing until incorporated.
- Add vanilla.
- Gently mix in chopped pecans.
- Bake in oven for approximately 50 – 55 minutes. This cake will bake more quickly because of the Baileys. So be careful not to over bake it. You want to remove the cake just before the center is done. It will finish baking, once your remove it from the oven and allow it cool.
- Allow cake to cool in the pan on a cooling rack for at least 1 hour before removing cake from pan and placing directly on cooling rack.
Directions for Glaze
- First, melt butter on low heat in a small sauce pan.
- While butter is melting, place a piece of parchment paper under the cooling rack to catch any glaze that slides off the cake.
- Add the sugar and whisk until it is dissolved.
- Whisk in Irish Cream and Vanilla.
- Allow this mixture to cool for approximately 3-5 minutes
- While mixture is cooling, gently poke holes all over the cake using a bamboo skewer or metal cake tester.
Directions for Ganache
- Pour cream into small saucepan and heat until bubbly around the edges.
- While cream is heating, pour chocolate chips into a large measuring cup.
- When cream has heated, pour over chocolate chips and allow the chips to sit approximately 2 minutes.
- Whisk chocolate and cream together.
- Using a kitchen funnel, transfer the chocolate ganache to a squirt bottle. If you do not have a funnel or squeeze bottle, you can dip a spoon in the chocolate and then move over the top of the cake as you drizzle.
- Drizzle the cake with the ganache.
- Allow the chocolate to set up and become firm.
- Serve the cake with a scoop of Blue Bell Natural Vanilla Bean or freshly whipped cream.
- Store any remaining cake in an airtight container for up to 5 days in the fridge.
- Category: dessert
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: St. Paddy’s Pound Cake
How do you celebrate St. Patrick’s Day? Let me know in the comment section below.
And don’t forget to tell me what you think of J Dub’s Saint Patrick’s Pound Cake.
Looking For More Recipes?
Try my Vanilla Pound Cake a la Darlene. My recipe makes a huge loaf cake that you can easily freeze for later.
J Dub’s Whatever Cookies – Easter Addition are a fun cookie to make with the kiddos.
My dill pickle dip is the perfect appetizer to serve at Easter brunch or at your next pool party.
This creamy balsamic salad dressing will become your new favorite.
My roasted vegetable pie is a great side dish to incorporate all your summer garden vegetables.
Do you Love DIY’s and Gardening?
Have you seen more college kiddo bedroom refresh?
I give you some easy tips to allow you to use your college kiddos room as a guest bedroom when they are away at school.
My fig topiary is the perfect gift for your favorite gardener.
Spring is just around the corner. I overwinter my ferns in my greenhouse and do a few things right before they come out for spring and summer.
Click here to see my tips and learn how I fertilize my green goddesses for lush fronds all summer long.
If you are always on the lookout for unusual plants to incorporate in your garden, you will definitely want to check out Whale’s Tongue Agave for your landscaping.