Here’s my take on spinach artichoke dip. My secret is a jar of marinated artichoke hearts. This give the dip a ton more flavor. Then, add in some of cumin to enhance this dip even more! Lets not even talk about the ooey gooey provolone cheese mixed with the shaved parmesan to create the perfect combination of yumminess.
- 10 ounce box frozen spinach thawed and drained
- 12 ounce jar of marinated artichoke hearts, drained
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup mayonaise
- 1 T cumin
- 1 t granulated garlic
- 1/2 t salt
- 1/2 t pepper
- 2 cups provolone cheese, divided (and if you can find smoked provolone, even better)
- 1/2 cup shaved parmesan
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix together softened cream cheese, mayonnaise, spices, parmesan cheese, and 1 cup provolone together in a bowl.
- Add drained spinach and artichoke hearts.
- Mix again.
- Place the dip in a greased cast iron skillet or oven safe dish.
- Bake the dip 20 -25 minutes until hot and bubbly.
- Top the dip with the remaining 1 cup of provolone and place back into oven until melted.
- Turn the oven to broil to brown the cheese just slightly.
- Watch closely to prevent the dip from burning.
- Remove the skillet from the oven and allow the dip to set up for approximately 5 minutes.
- Serve with tortilla chips and frito chips.
- Make sure you remove excess water from thawed spinach and drain the oil from the marinated artichoke before making the dip.
- Dip can be made the night before and chilled in bowl in refrigerator until ready to bake.
- Category: appetizers
Keywords: spinach, artichoke, dip