J Dub’s Spinach Artichoke Dip takes this popular party pleaser up a few notches.
I use several “secret” ingredients that make this dip a repeat on any party planner’s menu.
This post contains affiliate links. If you click on certain links and purchase a product I recommend, I will receive a small commission at no extra cost to you.
I love smoked cheese. During the winter, we cold smoke our cheeses on the grill.
Then, seal the blocks up and use them all year long for charcuterie, dips, etc.
It’s not hard – you can do this on ANY grill and after you do it once…….
You will be addicted to this process.
Here’s a great video tutorial that shows you exactly what to do in case you can’t find smoked provolone in your local grocery.
Back to the dip……..this dip is great any time of the year.
All the patriotic holidays….
I could go on and on and on.
Basically, use this recipe for any social gathering you can come up with.
Or just make it for yourself.
I won’t tell….Print
Here’s my take on spinach artichoke dip. My secret is a jar of marinated artichoke hearts. This give the dip a ton more flavor. Then, add in some of cumin to enhance this dip even more! Lets not even talk about the ooey gooey provolone cheese mixed with the shaved parmesan to create the perfect combination of yumminess.
- 10 ounce box frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 12 ounce jar of marinated artichoke hearts, drained (if you can’t find 12 ounce jars, just use two smaller jars)
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 T cumin
- 1 T granulated garlic
- 1/2 t pepper
- 2 cups provolone cheese, divided (and if you can find smoked provolone, even better)
- 1/2 cup shaved parmesan
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix together softened cream cheese, mayonnaise, spices, parmesan cheese, and 1 cup provolone together in a bowl.
- Add drained spinach and artichoke hearts.
- Mix again.
- Place the dip in a greased cast iron skillet or oven safe dish.
- Bake the dip 20 -25 minutes until hot and bubbly.
- Top the dip with the remaining 1 cup of provolone and place back into oven until melted.
- Turn the oven to broil to brown the cheese just slightly.
- Watch closely to prevent the dip from burning.
- Remove the skillet from the oven, top with more smoked provolone, and allow the dip to set up for approximately 5 minutes.
- Serve with tortilla chips and frito chips.
- Make sure you remove excess water from thawed spinach and drain the oil from the marinated artichoke before making the dip.
- Dip can be made the night before and chilled in bowl in refrigerator until ready to bake.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: appetizers
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: spinach, artichoke, dip
Drop me a comment below and tell me what occasion you served my Mexican Spinach Artichoke Dip! I would love to read all about it.
Pin For Later!
Looking for more appetizer ideas? I have got you covered.
My dill pickle dip is the BOMB! It is the perfect dip for spring and summer……if you don’t eat it all before your guests arrive.
Monterey Jack Salsa is another great crowd favorite. Your friends will be begging you to share this awesome dip recipe.
Looking for Even More Recipes?
I believe everyone should be able to create at least one authentic homemade Mexican dish. Here’s one your family will be begging y9ou to make……. J Dub’s famous Mexican Beef!
My Chicken Pot Pie is another family favorite. You can make one large pie, or whip it up in individual crocks. Decorate it with seasonal cookie cut outs, and BAM, you are a super star chef!
Do You Love DIY’s?
Spring is just around the corner, and my DIY Faux Orchid Arrangement will brighten up any corner of your space.
Have you seen the old leather top bow front desk I just refreshed? It is amazing and I can’t believe how easy the transformation went!
If you are looking for a unique way to add flair to a piece of furniture, check out my Anthro nightstand dupe!
Did you see the DIY Topiary I made for Valentine’s Day? You can make this for any occasion……Mother’s Day anyone?
Are you looking for a way to incorporate some easy real greenery into your home? Check out my post on all the ways you can style air plants. I also give you some helpful tips on how to care for them.
My before and after Bedroom Refresh takes my college kiddos bedroom up a few notches.
I created a Footed Stool using materials I already had laying around my workroom. You won’t believe what I used for the legs of the stool.