Key Lime Pound Cake Trifles are a great way to use leftover pound cake. They also make perfect little individual desserts to serve friends after dinner.
- 1/2 of key lime pound cake, sliced to fit into punch glasses
- 14 ounce can condensed milk
- 1/3 cup fresh key lime juice
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon key lime zest
- 8 ounces whipping cream
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- key lime zest
- In a stand mixer using the paddle attachment, whip together cream cheese, condensed milk, key lime juice, and zest.
- Layer a few slices of pound cake into the bottom of the punch glass.
- Top the pound cake with a few large spoonfuls of the condensed milk filling.
- Add additional slices of pound cake over the filling.
- Add more filling.
- Add a final layer of pound cake.
- Place the glasses on a cookie sheet and cover.
- Chill them for at least 4 hours.
- Right before serving, whip whipping cream.
- Add in vanilla.
- Once it starts to thicken, add in powdered sugar.
- Scoop the whipped cream on top of the individual trifles.
- Sprinkle with toasted pound cake crumbs and key lime zest.
- Top the chilled trifles with the whipped cream.
- Sprinkle key lime zest onto the whipped cream.
1. If you have a few leftover pound cake slices, toast them in the oven and then crumble them over the whipped cream before sprinkling on the key lime zest.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes (4 hour chill time)
- Category: desserts
- Cuisine: American