Key Lime Pound Cake Trifles are a great way to use leftover pound cake.
I serve these little bits of Heaven in individual punch glasses.
But, you could always make one large trifle.
You can modify this dessert to work for any flavor pound cake.
I made these desserts using my homemade Key Lime Pound Cake.Print
Key Lime Pound Cake Trifles are a great way to use leftover pound cake. They also make perfect little individual desserts to serve friends after dinner.
- 1/2 of key lime pound cake, sliced to fit into punch glasses
- 14 ounce can condensed milk
- 1/3 cup fresh key lime juice
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon key lime zest
- 8 ounces whipping cream
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- key lime zest
- In a stand mixer using the paddle attachment, whip together cream cheese, condensed milk, key lime juice, and zest.
- Layer a few slices of pound cake into the bottom of the punch glass.
- Top the pound cake with a few large spoonfuls of the condensed milk filling.
- Add additional slices of pound cake over the filling.
- Add more filling.
- Add a final layer of pound cake.
- Place the glasses on a cookie sheet and cover.
- Chill them for at least 4 hours.
- Right before serving, whip whipping cream.
- Add in vanilla.
- Once it starts to thicken, add in powdered sugar.
- Scoop the whipped cream on top of the individual trifles.
- Sprinkle with toasted pound cake crumbs and key lime zest.
- Top the chilled trifles with the whipped cream.
- Sprinkle key lime zest onto the whipped cream.
1. If you have a few leftover pound cake slices, toast them in the oven and then crumble them over the whipped cream before sprinkling on the key lime zest.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes (4 hour chill time)
- Category: desserts
- Cuisine: American
I would love to know what you think of my Key Lime Pound Cake Trifles. Drop me a comment below and share with me how you served them.
Pin For Later!
Looking for More Recipes?
My Sausage Klobasniky is a great savory sausage kolache to serve for breakfast or as an afternoon snack.
Definitely try out my “Whatever Cookies”! Change out the M & M’s to celebrate any occasion any time of year.
If you are looking for a great summer sandwich, my Turkey, Bacon, and Avocado Sandwich is the bomb.
Have you tried my Balsamic Red Wine Pot Roast? It is the most fantastic old school way to cook a roast. Perfect for Sunday dinner and/or dinner guests.
My Strawberry White Chocolate Cookies are the perfect base for the oh so perfect ice cream sandwich.
My Blueberry Banana Pie is the perfect pie for your Easter brunch. Your entire family will be begging you to share this recipe.
Try my Vanilla Pound Cake a la Darlene. My recipe makes a huge loaf cake that you can easily freeze for later.
My dill pickle dip is the perfect appetizer to serve at Easter brunch or at your next pool party.
This Carrot Banana Bread is unbelievably easy to make and addictive.
This creamy balsamic salad dressing will become your new favorite.
My roasted vegetable pie is a great side dish to incorporate all your summer garden vegetables.
How About Some DIY’S?
Check out this beautiful spring/summer wreath you can create in an hour or less with just a few supplies.
Need to tackle your dirty windows? I have the perfect homemade cleaner that will ensure you never buy Windex again,
Do your patio cushions need some TLC? I have that recipe for homemade cushion cleaner as well!
Have you purchased your ferns for your porches? I have the best way to keep them healthy and lush green all summer long.