These any season cookies are so fun to make with the kiddos. Full of chocolate, peanut butter, and oats…..this ensures they will disappear in no time flat. Try these for Valentines Day, Easter, Christmas, or any patriotic holiday.
- 1/2 cup (60 grams) all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (60 grams) high gluten bread flour
- 1 cup (99 grams) quick oats ( you can substitute old fashioned)
- 1/2 teaspoon (3 grams) baking soda
- 1 teaspoon (4 grams) baking powder
- 1 cup (213 grams) brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup (135 grams) peanut butter
- 1 Tablespoon (14 grams) vanilla
- 3 large eggs, room temp
- 1 cup M & M’S (use the color and flavor for whatever holiday/occasion you are celebrating)
- 1/2 cup (113 grams) butter, softened
- 1 cup (170 grams) white chocolate chips
- 1 cup (170) semi- sweet chunk chocolate chips
- Cream together butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add peanut butter and mix again.
- Add eggs one at a time, mixing until just incorporated.
- Next, add vanilla and mix again.
- In a separate bowl, combine flours, oats, baking powder, and baking soda.
- Whisk to combine the ingredients.
- Gently pour the flour mixture into the creamed butter and sugar and mix on low until just combined.
- Remove the bowl from the mixer and add chocolate chips and M & M’s.
- Gently stir by hand to combine.
- If you need to use your mixer, dump the dough into a clean bowl and then seal with seran wrap. Spray the wrap to keep it come sticking to the dough.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Cover two baking sheets with parchment paper and preheat your oven 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Using a large serving spoon or ice cream scoop, scoop out dough onto cookie sheets. These cookies will be large.
- Bake the cookies for approximately 8-10 minutes until they start to brown on the edges are just set in the center of the cookie.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and allow them to cool on sheet to set for a few minutes. Then, transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- For Easter cookies, I used regular M & M’s in pastel colors.
- For Valentine’s cookies, I used fudge brownie flavor in red, white, and pink.
- Category: Cookies
Keywords: cookies, M & M's