My Vanilla Bean Cheesecake is so dang good. It’s also so dang easy. One key to success is preparation. You want your cream cheese and your eggs to be at room temperature. The second key is to not overbeat the eggs into the filling. Overbeating can cause your cheesecake to crack. The last key to success is to let your cheesecake rest and chill in the refrigerator overnight before serving. This ensures that all the ingredients meld together to create the perfect dessert.
Ingredients for Crust
- 2 cups Butter cookie crumbs. I use two packages of Central Market Pure Butter Shortbread Cookies
- 3/8 cup melted butter
Ingredients for Filling
- 3 packages cream cheese, softened and room temperature
- 4 eggs, room temperature
- 1 T vanilla
- 1 vanilla bean pod
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- juice from one lemon
Directions for Crust
- Place cookies in a ziplock bag and crush.
- Pour the crumbs into a bowl and add the melted butter.
- Stir to fully incorporate.
- Press the mixture into the bottom of a springform pan.
Directions for Filling
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Using a stand mixer or your hand mixer, add the cream cheese, sugar, and sour cream to the bowl.
- Mix on low until incorporated. The mixture does not need to be completely smooth.
- With the mixer running, add the eggs one at a time.
- Mix just until the each egg is incorporated.
- Remove the bowl from the mixer and add the vanilla.
- Slice open the vanilla bean and scrape the contents into the filling.
- I also put the bean into the filling and stir it a few times to get whatever is remaining inside the pod.
- Then, remove the pod and discard.
- Your filling will have lumps. This is fine.
- Pour the filling over the butter crust.
- Place the springform pan(s) on a cookie sheet, and back in the oven. For a large cheesecake, it usually takes one hour. I set my kitchen timer and start checking it at 50 minutes.
- For the miniature cheesecakes, I set the time for 45 minutes. I turn off the oven and let the cheesecakes finish cooking for an additional 15 minutes.
- Remove the cheesecake from the oven and allow to cool.
- I use a 9 inch rectangular springform pan for my regular cheesecakes.
- You can also use miniature round spring form pans to make smaller desserts. Mine are 4 inches in diameter. And this recipe will make 6 miniature cheesecakes.
- Serve this cheesecake with your favorite topping. My chocolate ganache that I drizzle over my Brown Butter Pecan Cookies is unbelievably easy to make and makes a wonderful topping with some fresh strawberries!
- Prep Time: 25 minutes (plus time to get eggs and cream cheese to room temp)
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Category: desserts
- Cuisine: American