My Vanilla Bean Cheesecake is so dang good.
It’s also so dang easy.
One key to success is preparation. You want your cream cheese and your eggs to be at room temperature.
The second key is to not overbeat the eggs into the filling. Overbeating can cause your cheesecake to crack.
The last key to success is to let your cheesecake rest and chill in the refrigerator overnight before serving. This ensures that all the ingredients meld together to create the perfect dessert.
This post contains affiliate links. If you click on certain links and purchase a product I recommend, I will receive a small commission at no extra cost to you.Print
J Dub’s Vanilla Bean Cheesecake
- Total Time: 1 hour 25 minutes
- Yield: 1 cheesecake (6 miniatures) 1x
My Vanilla Bean Cheesecake is so dang good. It’s also so dang easy. One key to success is preparation. You want your cream cheese and your eggs to be at room temperature. The second key is to not overbeat the eggs into the filling. Overbeating can cause your cheesecake to crack. The last key to success is to let your cheesecake rest and chill in the refrigerator overnight before serving. This ensures that all the ingredients meld together to create the perfect dessert.
Ingredients for Crust
- 2 cups Butter cookie crumbs. I use two packages of Central Market Pure Butter Shortbread Cookies
- 3/8 cup melted butter
Ingredients for Filling
- 3 packages cream cheese, softened and room temperature
- 4 eggs, room temperature
- 1 T vanilla
- 1 vanilla bean pod
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- juice from one lemon
Directions for Crust
- Place cookies in a ziplock bag and crush.
- Pour the crumbs into a bowl and add the melted butter.
- Stir to fully incorporate.
- Press the mixture into the bottom of a springform pan.
Directions for Filling
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Using a stand mixer or your hand mixer, add the cream cheese, sugar, and sour cream to the bowl.
- Mix on low until incorporated. The mixture does not need to be completely smooth.
- With the mixer running, add the eggs one at a time.
- Mix just until the each egg is incorporated.
- Remove the bowl from the mixer and add the vanilla.
- Slice open the vanilla bean and scrape the contents into the filling.
- I also put the bean into the filling and stir it a few times to get whatever is remaining inside the pod.
- Then, remove the pod and discard.
- Your filling will have lumps. This is fine.
- Pour the filling over the butter crust.
- Place the springform pan(s) on a cookie sheet, and back in the oven. For a large cheesecake, it usually takes one hour. I set my kitchen timer and start checking it at 50 minutes.
- For the miniature cheesecakes, I set the time for 45 minutes. I turn off the oven and let the cheesecakes finish cooking for an additional 15 minutes.
- Remove the cheesecake from the oven and allow to cool.
- I use a 9 inch rectangular springform pan for my regular cheesecakes.
- You can also use miniature round spring form pans to make smaller desserts. Mine are 4 inches in diameter. And this recipe will make 6 miniature cheesecakes.
- Serve this cheesecake with your favorite topping. My chocolate ganache that I drizzle over my Brown Butter Pecan Cookies is unbelievably easy to make and makes a wonderful topping with some fresh strawberries!
- Prep Time: 25 minutes (plus time to get eggs and cream cheese to room temp)
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Category: desserts
- Cuisine: American
Drop me a comment below and tell me your favorite dessert to bake during the holiday season!
I would love for you to leave me a note when you bake my Vanilla Bean Cheesecake. I want to read all about your success story making this dessert.
Pin For Later!
Looking For Some Holiday DIY’s?
Check out my nutcracker napkin fold! Your kids, friends, and family will love the secret surprised stashed inside.
Create a one of a kind terrarium using a special ornament and a lantern or glass vase.
My DIY candle wraps take a white candle from plain to spectacular in just a few short minutes.
If you have pampas grass in your yard, you definitely want to check out my Pampas Grass Christma Tree Tutorial!
If you love sugar molds and brush trees, this DIY is perfect for you !
And if you love footed trays, this tutorial is perfect. You will never believe what I used for the feet.
Still Need More DIY’s?
Did you see my latest wreath DIY? This dried hydrangea wreath is the perfect fall accessory for your tablescapes, mantels, and front doors.
If you are looking for a furniture project, check out this nightstand that got a big time makeover.
Don’t forget to try my method to clean all your glass surfaces. You will never rely on Windex again.
Have you seen the DIY outdoor dining space I just completed?
My old and tired wooden table and chairs got a whole new lease on life!
Here’s another DIY furniture project where I also used wax. The finish is fabulous!.
Have you ever dried an artichoke? This DIY is so easy to complete. You will end up with the most gorgeous muted dried pieces to use in all your floral decor.
Do you want to create a beautiful moss wreath like mine? I have a tutorial! This would an excellent gift for that special lady for in your life.
Have you seen my Aged Pot Tutorial? It’s a great way to transform any piece of pottery into an aged antique beauty!
And, don’t forget my fig topiary is the perfect gift for your favorite gardener.
How About Some Recipes?
Make sure to try my Apple Roses this holiday season. Your friends and family will think you became a pastry chef!
Let.s not forget about my world famous Red Beans and Rice. This is the perfect meal for a weekend get together with friends and family.
My stuffed olive sausage balls are a hit for any tailgate or holiday party this season.
Have you tried my Carrot Cake Banana Bread? It is outstanding – and you can leave it naked or ice it with my light vanilla cream cheese icing.
Eggplant Parmesan anyone?
Try my Vanilla Pound Cake a la Darlene. My recipe makes a huge loaf cake that you can easily freeze for later.
My dill pickle dip is the perfect appetizer to serve at your next tailgate party
This creamy balsamic salad dressing will become your new favorite on all types of salads.
My Monterey Jack Salsa will be your next favorite dip this fall.
Don’t forget to follow me on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest to see all the daily happenings going on over at J Dub By Design™!