This meatloaf is as easy as it gets. Dumping everything in one bowl makes cleanup a breeze.
Ingredients for Meatloaf
- 1 pound hamburger (80/20)
- 1 pound sausage
- 1/2 c Panko
- 2 T Worcestershire
- 1/4 c ketchup
- 2 T yellow mustard
- 1 small onion, coursely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 T Louisiana hot sauce
- 1 t course pepper
- 1/4 t red pepper flakes
- 1 t kosher salt
- 1 t onion powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 t granulated garlic
- 12 ounces low moisture mozzarella, sliced into thick slices
Ingredients for Sauce
- 3 T ketchup
- 1 t Louisiana Hot Sauce
- 1 t yellow mustard
- 2 T Worcestershire
- 1/2 t garlic salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Put all ingredients in bowl, except cheese.
- Mix the ingredients well.
- Line a loaf pan with foil.
- Spray the foil to keep the meatloaf from sticking to it.
- Place half of the meatloaf mixture in the loaf pan and spread evenly.
- Top the meatloaf with the 6 slices of mozzarella, making sure the cheese does not touch the edges.
- Place the remaining meatloaf over the cheese.
- Press the meatloaf on all sides to seal the chees inside.
- Using the overhang of the foil, build a tent over the meatloaf to cover it.
- If you do not have an overhang, you can use a second piece to cover the meatloaf.
- Bake the meatloaf for 50 minutes.
- While the meatloaf is baking, make the sauce by mixing all of the ingredients together.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Once the meatloaf has been in the oven for 50 minutes, spread the sauce over the meatloaf.
- Return the meatloaf to the oven and bake an additional 30 minutes uncovered.
- Remove the meatloaf from the oven.
- Allow the meatloaf to rest approximatley 10 minutes before cutting.
- Make sure your foil does not touch the top of the meatloaf while it is covered. Otherwise, it may stick.
- Allowing the meatloaf to sit before cutting and serving , allows the ingredients to set so that it does not run all over the plate when it is cut into slices.
- You can also bake mini versions of this in large muffin tins for individual servings.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: American