J Dub’s Spooky Sausage Bites are the perfect appetizer to serve at your next Halloween party or fall gathering. These bite size sausage balls will be a hit with both adults and kids.
You can store these sausage bites in an air tight container for several days, but they won’t last 24 hours so I wouldn’t even worry about it.Print
These little sausage bites have the perfect addition that takes them up a few notches. You will never look at an olive in the same way.
3 cups Bisquick Baking Mix
1 pound regular sausage
1 pound hot sausage
Approximately 65 green olives (may need more or less depending on size of individual bites)
16 ounces extra sharp cheese, shredded
1 – 8 ounce package cream cheese, cut into cubes and softened
1 tsp granulated garlic
1 tsp onion powder
- Preheat oven t0 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Using your hands, mix all of the ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Shape the mixture into 1 1/2 inch diameter balls.
- Place the balls on the parchment paper lined cookie sheets.
- Firmly place an olive in each ball.
- Bake the sausage bites for 19-22 minutes until lightly golden in color.
- Allow the sausage bites to cool on the baking sheet approximately 3 minutes before moving to a cooling rack.
- Store in an air tight container.
- Makes approximately 5 1/2 dozen sausage bites.
- You can make these for any party, not just Halloween.
- You can also place the olive inside the sausage mix for a stuffed sausage bite.
- Category: Appetizers
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: sausage ball, Halloween, appetizer, finger food
Serve them on an appropriately themed platter and watch them disappear before your eyes!
You can also tuck the olive inside the sausage ball and serve these for any occasion…….not just Halloween.
If you are looking for a dessert for your Halloween get together, try my Pumpkin Pound Cake.
Here’s a hot queso dip that your guests will devour!
And, here’s a quick weeknight meal your entire family will enjoy!
My take on the Italian Meatball will have your family thinking you secretly went to culinary school.
Did your see my fall back porch refresh? Check it out here!
I’ve got two different DIY’s for you to spruce up your candles. I show mine decorated for fall. But, you can create these for any holiday season. One method uses unwired garland and the other method uses a wired pick.
Don’t forget to drop me a comment below and let me know what you think of J Dub’s Spooky Sausage Bites.
This post does contain affiliate links. This means if you click on certain links and purchase a product I recommend, I will receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. If you do make a purchase through my links, thank you so much for supporting my website.
Check out these cute and reasonably priced Halloween serving pieces I found.