J Dub’s Spooky Sausage Bites are the perfect appetizer to serve at your next Halloween party or fall gathering.
These bite size sausage balls will be a hit with both adults and kids.
You can store these sausage bites in an air tight container for several days, but they won’t last 24 hours so I wouldn’t even worry about it.
Serve them on an appropriately themed platter and watch them disappear before your eyes!
This post contains affiliate links. If you click on certain links and purchase a product I recommend, I will receive a small commission at no extra cost to you.
J Dub’s Spooky Sausage Bites
- Total Time: 29 minutes
- Yield: 5 1/2 dozen 1x
These little sausage bites have the perfect addition that takes them up a few notches. You will never look at an olive in the same way.
3 cups Bisquick Baking Mix
1 pound regular sausage
1 pound hot sausage
Approximately 65 green olives (may need more or less depending on size of individual bites)
8 ounces extra sharp cheese, shredded
8 ounces sharp white cheddar, shredded
1 – 8 ounce package cream cheese, cut into cubes and softened
1 tsp granulated garlic
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp Lawry’s Seasoning salt
1 tsp parsley
1 tsp chicken bouillon
1 tsp pepper
- Preheat oven t0 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Using your hands, mix all of the ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Shape the mixture into 1 1/2 inch diameter balls.
- Place the balls on the parchment paper lined cookie sheets.
- Firmly place an olive in each ball.
- Bake the sausage bites for 19-22 minutes until lightly golden in color.
- Allow the sausage bites to cool on the baking sheet approximately 3 minutes before moving to a cooling rack.
- Store in an air tight container.
- Makes approximately 5 1/2 dozen sausage bites.
- You can make these for any party, not just Halloween.
- You can also place the olive inside the sausage mix for a stuffed sausage bite.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 19 minutes (upt to 22 minutes)
- Category: Appetizers
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: sausage ball, Halloween, appetizer, finger food
Looking For More Recipes?
Don’t forget my Mexican Spinach Artichoke Dip is another great appetizer to serve at your weekend activities.
My Brown Butter Pecan Cookies are a great cookie to whip up now that the temperatures have dropped here in Texas.
Here’s another cookie for you too.
It is full of chocolate and super sinful in such a good way.
For the holidays, look no further than my S’mores Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies.
How About Some DIY’s?
I’ve got you covered for fall and Christmas.
Check out my DIY Fall Table using Wood Remnants to set the most perfect Thanksgiving table – indoor or outside.
If you are looking for a centerpiece for your table that is not only easy, but WOW worthy, check out my floating candle floral centerpiece.
Christmas will be here before you know it. So check out my recommendations for lighting and decorating your Christmas tree.
For your front door, you don’t want to miss my tutorial on making your own Christmas swags.
And these bottle brush trees will be adorable Christmas decor anywhere in your home.
Make sure to follow me on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest to see all the daily happenings going on over at J Dub By Design™!
Don’t forget to drop me a comment below and let me know what you think of J Dub’s Spooky Sausage Bites.
KathrineOctober 29, 2019 12:15 pm
I’ve never had an olive on a sausage ball but I bet it’s amazing!