J Dub’s Smashed Potatoes will be on repeat in your side dish recipe list from here on out.
- 1 bag baby potatoes (I used the Season’s Select Potato Medley from HEB)
- 2 tablespoons Garlic Confit (garlic infused olive oil)
- 3 garlic cloves (from garlic confit)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup freshly shaved parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon kosher salt (divided)
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- Wash potatoes and place in a large stockpot.
- Add water to cover and 2 tablespoons salt.
- Heat water to rolling boil and cook potatoes until fork tender, about 18 minutes.
- While potatoes are cooking, place, garlic cloves, garlic infused olive oil, and butter in skillet.
- Melt butter on low heat and gently mash garlic cloves with a fork.
- Once potatoes are cooked, strain water from them.
- Dump the potatoes onto a rimmed baking sheet.
- Using a spoon or a small bowl, press gently into each potato to smash them.
- Sprinkle the smashed potatoes with salt and pepper.
- Pour the melted butter and garlic mixture over them.
- Bake them in a preheated 400 degree Fahrenheit oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove them from the oven and sprinkle the parmesan cheese over them.
- Then place them back in the oven for approximately 5 minutes until cheese is bubbly.
- Sprinkle them with dried parsley before serving.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Category: side dishes
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: baby potatoes, smashed baby potatoes