J Dub’s Smashed Potatoes are an easy side dish that go perfectly with any meal.
These potatoes are so good your family will be asking for them weekly.
The secret is the garlic confit, which should also be on repeat in your household.
This post contains affiliate links. If you click on certain links and purchase a product I recommend, I will receive a small commission at no extra cost to you.
J Dub’s Smashed Potatoes will be on repeat in your side dish recipe list from here on out.
- 1 bag baby potatoes (I used the Season’s Select Potato Medley from HEB)
- 2 tablespoons Garlic Confit (garlic infused olive oil)
- 3 garlic cloves (from garlic confit)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup freshly shaved parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon kosher salt (divided)
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- Wash potatoes and place in a large stockpot.
- Add water to cover and 2 tablespoons salt.
- Heat water to rolling boil and cook potatoes until fork tender, about 18 minutes.
- While potatoes are cooking, place, garlic cloves, garlic infused olive oil, and butter in skillet.
- Melt butter on low heat and gently mash garlic cloves with a fork.
- Once potatoes are cooked, strain water from them.
- Dump the potatoes onto a rimmed baking sheet.
- Using a spoon or a small bowl, press gently into each potato to smash them.
- Sprinkle the smashed potatoes with salt and pepper.
- Pour the melted butter and garlic mixture over them.
- Bake them in a preheated 400 degree Fahrenheit oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove them from the oven and sprinkle the parmesan cheese over them.
- Then place them back in the oven for approximately 5 minutes until cheese is bubbly.
- Sprinkle them with dried parsley before serving.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Category: side dishes
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: baby potatoes, smashed baby potatoes
Drop me a comment below and tell me your favorite way to serve my yummy smashed potatoes.
Don’t Forget to Pin For Later!
Looking For More Recipes?
Have you tried my Piña Colada Pound Cake? It is the perfect poolside party dessert.
How about my Blackberry Biscuit Cobbler? One word – YUM!
My Sausage Klobasniky is a great savory sausage kolache to serve for breakfast or as an afternoon snack.
Definitely try out my “Whatever Cookies”! Change out the M & M’s to celebrate any occasion any time of year.
If you are looking for a great summer sandwich, my Turkey, Bacon, and Avocado Sandwich is the bomb.
Have you tried my Balsamic Red Wine Pot Roast? It is the most fantastic old school way to cook a roast. Perfect for Sunday dinner and/or dinner guests.
My Strawberry White Chocolate Cookies are the perfect base for the oh so perfect ice cream sandwich.
My Blueberry Banana Pie is the perfect pie for your Easter brunch. Your entire family will be begging you to share this recipe.
Try my Vanilla Pound Cake a la Darlene. My recipe makes a huge loaf cake that you can easily freeze for later.
My dill pickle dip is the perfect appetizer to serve at Easter brunch or at your next pool party.
This Carrot Banana Bread is unbelievably easy to make and addictive.
This creamy balsamic salad dressing will become your new favorite.
My roasted vegetable pie is a great side dish to incorporate all your summer garden vegetables.
How About Some DIY’S?
Check out this beautiful spring/summer wreath you can create in an hour or less with just a few supplies.
Need to tackle your dirty windows? I have the perfect homemade cleaner that will ensure you never buy Windex again.
Do your patio cushions need some TLC? I have that recipe for homemade cushion cleaner as well!
Have you purchased your ferns for your porches? I have the best way to keep them healthy and lush green all summer long.
I’ve also got you covered for fall and Christmas.
Check out my DIY Fall Table using Wood Remnants to set the most perfect Thanksgiving table – indoor or outside.
If you are looking for a centerpiece for your table that is not only easy, but WOW worthy, check out my floating candle floral centerpiece.
Christmas will be here before you know it. So check out my recommendations for lighting and decorating your Christmas tree.
Have you seen the DIY outdoor dining space I completed last year? It is still looking fabulous!
Here’s another DIY furniture project where I also used wax. The finish is fabulous!.
Have you ever dried an artichoke? This DIY is so easy to complete. You will end up with the most gorgeous muted dried pieces to use in all your floral decor.
Have you seen my Aged Pot Tutorial? It’s a great way to transform any piece of pottery into an aged antique beauty!