Check out my take on the popular rotel dip. Cream cheese and sausage are my secrets to taking this dip from ordinary to extraordinary!
3 pounds Jimmy Dean sausage
3 packages cream cheese
32 ounces Velveeta, or my homemade Velveeta
3 cans of rotel tomatoes
1 teaspoon Cumin or to taste
1teaspoon Chili Powder or to taste
- Cook sausage until crumbly and no longer pink.
- While sausage is cooking, grease crockpot with non-stick spray.
- Add blocks of cream cheese, rotel, and velveeta.
- Top the cheeses with drained and cooked sausage.
- Put the lid on crockpot and heat on low until everything has melted.
- Stir frequently to prevent cheeses from sticking.
- Once cheese has melted, add your spices. If you are sure about the spice amount, you can add them at the beginning as well.
- When ready to serve, transfer the dip to a chafing dish or serve straight out of crock pot.
- For one recipe of this dip, use 1 pound of sausage, 1 package of cream cheese, 1 can of Rotel tomatoes, 12 ounces of velveeta cheese, 1/2 teaspoon Cumin, and 1/2 teaspoon chili powder.
- For a little heat, use Hot Jimmy Dean sausage instead of the mild (or a combination of both).
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes (melting time)
- Category: appetizers
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: queso, rotel