J Dub’s Queso for a Crowd is my take on the popular traditional rotel dip.
A few additional ingredients take this queso to the next level.
I’ve been making this dip this way for over 25 years.
Not only is it easy – clean up is a breeze.Print
Check out my take on the popular rotel dip. Cream cheese and sausage are my secrets to taking this dip from ordinary to extraordinary!
3 pounds Jimmy Dean sausage
3 packages cream cheese
32 ounces Velveeta, or my homemade Velveeta
3 cans of rotel tomatoes
1 teaspoon Cumin or to taste
1teaspoon Chili Powder or to taste
- Cook sausage until crumbly and no longer pink.
- While sausage is cooking, grease crockpot with non-stick spray.
- Add blocks of cream cheese, rotel, and velveeta.
- Top the cheeses with drained and cooked sausage.
- Put the lid on crockpot and heat on low until everything has melted.
- Stir frequently to prevent cheeses from sticking.
- Once cheese has melted, add your spices. If you are sure about the spice amount, you can add them at the beginning as well.
- When ready to serve, transfer the dip to a chafing dish or serve straight out of crock pot.
- For one recipe of this dip, use 1 pound of sausage, 1 package of cream cheese, 1 can of Rotel tomatoes, 12 ounces of velveeta cheese, 1/2 teaspoon Cumin, and 1/2 teaspoon chili powder.
- For a little heat, use Hot Jimmy Dean sausage instead of the mild (or a combination of both).
- Category: appetizers
For a little heat, use hot Jimmy Dean sausage instead of the mild. Or you could use a combination of both mild and hot.
Drop me a comment and let me know what you think of J Dub’s Queso for Crowd!
If you are looking for another cheesy dip, try out J Dub’s Black Eyed Pea Dip.
Both of these are great to serve at any party, including New Year’s and Super Bowl Extravaganzas.
Need More Appetizer Ideas?
My dill pickle dip is the BOMB! It is the perfect dip for spring and summer……if you don’t eat it all before your guests arrive.
Monterey Jack Salsa is another great crowd favorite. Your friends will be begging you to share this awesome dip recipe.
Looking for Main Dish Recipes?
I believe everyone should be able to create at least one authentic homemade Mexican dish. Here’s one your family will be begging y9ou to make……. J Dub’s famous Mexican Beef!
My Chicken Pot Pie is another family favorite. You can make one large pie, or whip it up in individual crocks. Decorate it with seasonal cookie cut outs, and BAM, you are a super star chef!
Check Out These DIY’s!
My before and after Bedroom Refresh takes my college kiddo’s bedroom up a few notches.
I created a Footed Stool using materials I already had laying around my workroom. You won’t believe what I used for the legs of the stool.
Did you see my Pampas Grass Christmas Tree?
Instead of a tree, you can also use a round sphere and create a totally different shape for any season of the year.