J Dub’s Pumpkin Pound Cake screams that fall has finally arrived. You will love how how moist and light this cake tastes. Not to mention, the rich pumpkin flavor can not be beat. The best part – this cake is perfect for fall tailgating or any social gathering where cake is involved.
3 cups flour (384 grams)
3 cups sugar (600 grams)
1 tablespoon vanilla
1 cup milk (237 ml)
2 sticks room temperature butter (227 grams)
1 teaspoon baking powder
15 ounce solid packed pumpkin
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease and flour a bundt pan.
- Whip softened butter approximately 30 seconds.
- Add sugar and cream together until light and fluffy, approximately 2-3 minutes. King Arthur has a great tutorial on how to do this and why it is important.
- Add eggs one at a time, mixing until just incorporated.
- Whisk flour and baking powder together.
- Whisk milk and canned pumpkin together
- Add flour to sugar mixture, alternating with pumpkin milk mixture
- Mix until combined.
- Add vanilla and pumpkin pie spice.
- Mix again.
- Pour into greased and floured bundt pan.
- Gently tap pan on counter to remove air bubbles.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes. Start checking the cake at around 40 minutes to make sure it is not over baking.
- Allow the cake to cool in pan for at least 45 minutes.
- Gently flip the bundt pan over onto cooling rack.
- Tap the bottom of pan to help remove the cake.
- All the cake to finish cooling completely on the cooling rack.
Let me know what you think of J Dub’s Pumpkin Pound Cake. For another yummy pumpkin option, try out my Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bars.
This post does contain affiliate links. This means if you click on certain links and purchase a product I recommend, I will receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. If you don’t feel comfortable with this, you can do a google search (instead of clicking on my links) to find my recommendations. If you do make a purchase through my links, thank you so much for supporting my website.