J Dub’s Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bars are the perfect dessert for fall. These bars are extremely moist and have just the right amount of chocolate so as not to overwhelm the pumpkin flavor. They are also quite addictive with a cup of coffee first thing in the morning. When I bake, I almost always use a kitchen scale so my measurements are exact. Trust me – it makes your baking so much better.
2 1/3 cups (292 grams) all purpose flour
1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup (113.5 grams) butter, softened
1/2 cup (123 grams) sour cream
1 can (15 oz) solid packed pumpkin
1/2 cup (100 grams) granulated sugar
1/2 cup (98 grams) light brown sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 vanilla bean pod
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- First, preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Second, line a 9 X 13 inch pan with parchment paper leaving an overhang on each long side so the bars can be easily pulled out of the pan to cut after baking.
- Next, in the bowl of a stand mixer, or in a large bowl using a handheld electric mixer, cream the butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar together on medium-high speed until smooth.
- Then, in a separate mixing bowl, whisk together flour, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, baking soda and set aside.
- Next, mix the sour cream with into the butter/sugar mixture and scrape down sides of bowl.
- Then, beat in eggs one at a time.
- After you have added the eggs, mix in the dry ingredients, stirring just until combined.
- Next, add pumpkin puree and mix until combined. Scrape down sides of bowl.
- Then, add in vanilla extract.
- After mixing in the extract, carefully slice open the vanilla bean and scrap contents of the pod into mixture, stirring to incorporate.
- Next, remove bowl from mixer, and gently fold in the chocolate chips by hand.
- Then, spread the batter evenly in the prepared pan.
- Finally, bake for 25-30 minutes. The edges will begin to pull away from the sides of the pan and will be golden brown and the center will look “puffy” and done. A toothpick inserted in the middle should come out with moist/dry crumbs.
Let cool completely in the pan before lifting the bars out of the pan. Cut into squares and serve. Let me know what you think about J Dub’s Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bars.
This post does contain affiliate links. This means if you click on certain links and purchase a product I recommend, I will receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. If you don’t feel comfortable with this, you can do a google search (instead of clicking on my links) to find my recommendations. If you do make a purchase through my links, thank you so much for supporting my website.