If you want to impress your dinner guests, your wife, your mother, your mother-in-law, your father-in-law, your kids’ friends, your ex……J Dub’s Prime Rib is the recipe for you. In the interest of total authenticity, this cut of meat is pricey. However, it is also TO DIE FOR and EASY. That takes some of the sting away, right?
1 10 pound bone in rib roast
24 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
2 Tablespoons course ground pepper
2 Tablespoons kosher salt (I use Red Diamond)
1/2 cup avocado oil
- Mix oil, garlic, salt, pepper into a paste.
- Place rib roast on an oven safe rack placed in a roasting pan.
- Spread garlic paste liberally over the rib roast including the sides.
- Cover loosely with foil.
- Place in refrigerator overnight.
- Preheat Oven to 500 degrees Fahrenheit
- Bake the roast in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees Fahrenheit and continue roasting for approximately 75 to 85 minutes until the internal temperature of the roast is at a minimum of 135 degrees for medium rare meat.
- Remove roast from oven and allow to rest for 10 minutes before carving.
Enjoy J Dub’s Prime Rib! Let me know what you think!