This pound cake screams summertime! Pineapple and coconut are perfectly paired to create this melt in your mouth slice of Heaven.
- 3 cups (360 grams) flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups (348 grams) sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup cream of coconut
- 1 cup (227 grams) buttermilk
- 3/4 cup (170 grams) butter
- 3/4 cup (170 grams) coconut oil
- 1 cup (170 grams) chopped fresh pineapple (drained)
- 1 cup (85 grams) flaked coconut (optional)
- 2 Tablespoons cream of coconut
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease and flour a bundt pan.
- Whip butter and coconut oil.
- Add sugar and mix until creamy.
- Add eggs one at a time, mixing until just incorporated.
- Whisk flour and baking powder together.
- Add flour to sugar mixture, alternating with buttermilk.
- Mix until combined.
- Add vanilla and cream of coconut then mix again.
- Remove bowl from mixer and add in chopped pineapple and shredded coconut (if using).
- Stir gently to combine.
- Bake for 55 – 60 minutes, checking at 50 minutes to see if a toothpick comes out clean
- Remove from oven and allow to completely cool in pan on a cooling rack
- Once cool, flip over to remove from pan.
- Mix together the powdered sugar and cream of coconut.
- Using a spoon, drizzle the icing over the pound cake.
- Sprinkle the cake with shaved coconut or dried pineapple (optional).
- Make sure your ingredients are at room temperature (eggs, milk, butter)
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 55 - 60 minutes
- Category: desserts
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: piña colada pound cake, pound cake