My Piña Colada Pound Cake screams summer.
I absolute love the smell and flavor of coconut.
Especially when it is paired with the perfect partner.
However, I am not a fan of coconut’s texture.
I thought I would eventually learn to love it.
So I leave out the shredded coconut.
But, feel free to add it back in.
I have included that option in this recipe.Print
This pound cake screams summertime! Pineapple and coconut are perfectly paired to create this melt in your mouth slice of Heaven.
- 3 cups (360 grams) flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups (348 grams) sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup cream of coconut
- 1 cup (227 grams) buttermilk
- 3/4 cup (170 grams) butter
- 3/4 cup (170 grams) coconut oil
- 1 cup (170 grams) chopped fresh pineapple (drained)
- 1 cup (85 grams) flaked coconut (optional)
- 2 Tablespoons cream of coconut
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease and flour a bundt pan.
- Whip butter and coconut oil.
- Add sugar and mix until creamy.
- Add eggs one at a time, mixing until just incorporated.
- Whisk flour and baking powder together.
- Add flour to sugar mixture, alternating with buttermilk.
- Mix until combined.
- Add vanilla and cream of coconut then mix again.
- Remove bowl from mixer and add in chopped pineapple and shredded coconut (if using).
- Stir gently to combine.
- Bake for 55 – 60 minutes, checking at 50 minutes to see if a toothpick comes out clean
- Remove from oven and allow to completely cool in pan on a cooling rack
- Once cool, flip over to remove from pan.
- Mix together the powdered sugar and cream of coconut.
- Using a spoon, drizzle the icing over the pound cake.
- Sprinkle the cake with shaved coconut or dried pineapple (optional).
- Make sure your ingredients are at room temperature (eggs, milk, butter)
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 55 – 60 minutes
- Category: desserts
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: piña colada pound cake, pound cake
I hope you will add my Piña Colada Pound Cake to your recipe stash. Drop me a comment and tell me what you think.
Pin For Later!
Looking for More Recipes?
My Sausage Klobasniky is a great savory sausage kolache to serve for breakfast or as an afternoon snack.
Definitely try out my “Whatever Cookies”! Change out the M & M’s to celebrate any occasion any time of year.
If you are looking for a great summer sandwich, my Turkey, Bacon, and Avocado Sandwich is the bomb.
Have you tried my Balsamic Red Wine Pot Roast? It is the most fantastic old school way to cook a roast. Perfect for Sunday dinner and/or dinner guests.
My Strawberry White Chocolate Cookies are the perfect base for the oh so perfect ice cream sandwich.
My Blueberry Banana Pie is the perfect pie for your Easter brunch. Your entire family will be begging you to share this recipe.
Try my Vanilla Pound Cake a la Darlene. My recipe makes a huge loaf cake that you can easily freeze for later.
My dill pickle dip is the perfect appetizer to serve at Easter brunch or at your next pool party.
This Carrot Banana Bread is unbelievably easy to make and addictive.
This creamy balsamic salad dressing will become your new favorite.
My roasted vegetable pie is a great side dish to incorporate all your summer garden vegetables.
How About Some DIY’S?
Check out this beautiful spring/summer wreath you can create in an hour or less with just a few supplies.
Need to tackle your dirty windows? I have the perfect homemade cleaner that will ensure you never buy Windex again.
Do your patio cushions need some TLC? I have that recipe for homemade cushion cleaner as well!
Have you purchased your ferns for your porches? I have the best way to keep them healthy and lush green all summer long.