J Dub’s Monterey Jack Salsa is the summer dip calling your name. Especially when you and your neighbor up the street have been harvesting all those glorious garden tomatoes. And, if you don’t have a garden tomato, a grocery store hot house tomato will also work in a pinch!
- 1 Package Good Seasons Italian Dressing
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- Approximately 1/4 cup Light Olive Oil (I don’t use regular olive oil, its too heavy for me)
- 1 4 ounce can green chilies, chopped
- 1 3 1/4 ounce can black olives, chopped
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 lb shredded Monterey Jack Cheese ( I use Monterey Jack with peppers)
- 1 large ripe tomato, coarsely chopped 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Place the contents of the dressing packet in a 1 cup measuring cup.
- Add vinegar to the 1/4 line.
- Add olive oil until the liquid reaches the 1/2 mark on the measuring cup.
- Whisk the dressing to incorporate the ingredients.
- Place the remaining ingredients in a bowl and pour the dressing over it.
- Stir gently to mix.
- Cover the bowl with saran wrap or foil and place in the refrigerator.
- Let the dip chill in the fridge a minimum of 4 hours. It’s better if you let it chill overnight before serving.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes (overnight chill time)
- Category: appetizers
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: salsa, monterey jack salsa, dip