J Dub’s Monterey Jack Salsa is the summer dip calling your name.
Especially when you and your neighbor up the street have been harvesting all those glorious garden tomatoes.
If you don’t have garden tomatoes, a grocery store version works just fine too.
My take on your new summer favorite lets those ripe tomatoes shine.
But, I also make this dip year round. I love tangy dip any time of year.
I also skip the store bought bottled Italian dressing in favor of something more flavorful.
My little trick ensures there won’t be any dip left.Print
J Dub’s Monterey Jack Salsa is the summer dip calling your name. Especially when you and your neighbor up the street have been harvesting all those glorious garden tomatoes. And, if you don’t have a garden tomato, a grocery store hot house tomato will also work in a pinch!
- 1 Package Good Seasons Italian Dressing
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- Approximately 1/4 cup Light Olive Oil (I don’t use regular olive oil, its too heavy for me)
- 1 4 ounce can green chilies, chopped
- 1 3 1/4 ounce can black olives, chopped
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 lb shredded Monterey Jack Cheese ( I use Monterey Jack with peppers)
- 1 large ripe tomato, coarsely chopped 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Place the contents of the dressing packet in a 1 cup measuring cup.
- Add vinegar to the 1/4 line.
- Add olive oil until the liquid reaches the 1/2 mark on the measuring cup.
- Whisk the dressing to incorporate the ingredients.
- Place the remaining ingredients in a bowl and pour the dressing over it.
- Stir gently to mix.
- Cover the bowl with saran wrap or foil and place in the refrigerator.
- Let the dip chill in the fridge a minimum of 4 hours. It’s better if you let it chill overnight before serving.
- Category: appetizers
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: salsa, monterey jack salsa, dip
I am more than confident this dip makes an excellent bruschetta topping.
I’ve just never had the opportunity to try it out.
I’ve witnessed supposed adults stand at the fridge eating it with a spoon straight out of the bowl. How tacky 🙂
P.S. David loves to put it on his turkey sandwich too.
Try out J Dub’s Monterey Jack Salsa and your next get together and tell me what you think below!
Also, J Dub’s Dill Pickle Dip is another favorite you will also want to add to your list.
Needing a cool cookie recipe that works year round? Try this recipe.
Want to know more about me, my blog name, and how I got started, click here!
This post does contains affiliate links. If you click on certain links and purchase a product I recommend, I will receive a small commission at no extra cost to you.