J Dub’s Monterey Jack Salsa is the summer dip calling your name. Especially when you and your neighbor up the street have been harvesting all those glorious garden tomatoes.
My take on your new summer favorite lets those ripe tomatoes shine. I also skip the store bought Italian dressing in favor of something more flavorful. My little trick ensures there won’t be any dip left.
1 Package Good Seasons Italian Dressing
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
Approximately 1/4 cup Light Olive Oil (don’t use regular olive oil, its too heavy)
1 4 ounce can green chilies, chopped
1 3 1/4 ounce can black olives, chopped
6 green onions, chopped
1/4 lb shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
1 large ripe tomato, coarsely chopped
1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Place the contents of the dressing packet in a 1 cup measuring cup.
- Add vinegar to the 1/4 line.
- Add olive oil until the liquid reaches the 1/2 mark on the measuring cup.
- Whisk the dressing to incorporate the ingredients.
- Place the remaining ingredients in a bowl and pour the dressing over it.
- Stir gently to mix.
- Cover the bowl with saran wrap or foil and place in the refrigerator.
- Let the dip chill in the fridge a minimum of 4 hours. It’s better if you let it chill overnight before serving.
Monterey Jack Salsa goes great with tortilla chips (Julio’s Seasoned Corn Chips) or a ridge potato chip (HEB Ridge Potato Chips are the best). I am more than confident this dip makes an excellent bruschetta topping. I’ve just never had the opportunity to try it out. I’ve witnessed supposed adults stand at the fridge eating it with a spoon straight out of the bowl. How tacky 🙂
P.S. David loves to put it on his turkey sandwich too.
This late summer tablescape is so easy to set up.
Needing a fall dessert soon? Try this recipe.
Want to know more about me, my blog name, and how I got started, click here!
This post does contain affiliate links. This means if you click on certain links and purchase a product I recommend, I will receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. If you don’t feel comfortable with this, you can do a google search (instead of clicking on my links) to find my recommendations. If you do make a purchase through my links, thank you so much for supporting my website.