J Dub’s Mini Toffee Pecan Pound Cakes are full of fall goodness. In fact, these cakes are one of my favorite desserts to bake up for guests during fall and winter. Not to mention, David is anything but your typical sweet eater, AND he loves these mini desserts. He also can’t decide whether these miniature pieces of heaven are his favorite dessert or if my Lemon Meringue Cheesecake reigns supreme. Regardless, these individual cuties will be the perfect ending to any holiday meal.
Ingredients for Cakes
- 1 cup (225 grams) butter, softened
- 1 cup (200 grams) granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (85 grams) packed brown sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups (256 grams) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 12 ounces heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Contents of one vanilla bean
- 1 cup finely toasted pecans, chopped
- 1 cup toffee bits
Ingredients for Caramel Sauce
- 2 tablespoons cream
- 1 package caramel bits
Ingredients for Whipped Cream
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
Tip on Purchasing Ingredients
When a recipe calls for vanilla extract, use the real stuff…..not imitation. Also, splurge on the good stuff – the stuff that is not full of alcohol. I will let you in on a little secret – the only vanilla extract I use is linked in this recipe. This kitchen staple is one of those MUST haves for me that I can not live without. Meaning if I were trapped on a dessert island (with an oven) I would hope I remembered to throw a bottle in my carry on!!
Trust me, once you start baking with this authentic vanilla extract, you will not be able to live without it. This vanilla also makes a great gift for the avid baker.
DIRECTIONS FOR CAKES
- First, preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- While oven is preheating, spray mini bundt pans with a baking spray containing flour.
- In a mixing bowl, combine both sugars and butter and beat at medium speed until fluffy. See King Arthur’s tutorial on how to properly beat butter and sugar.
- Next, add eggs one at a time, beating until well-combined.
- Then, combine flour and baking powder, whisking to mix.
- Gradually add flour mixture, alternating with heavy cream, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Do not over mix.
- Next, stir in vanilla, then contents of the vanilla bean, pecans, and toffee bits by hand. Once you have scraped the contents of the vanilla bean into the batter, do NOT discard the bean. Place it into your jar of vanilla extract. It makes your extract that much better in the future.
- Slowly pour the batter into the individual mini cake bundt pans. The smaller bundt (12 mini cake holder) will bake for 15-17 minutes. The larger bundt (6 mini cake holder) will bake lightly longer for 20-22 minuets. Watch closely and remove from the oven when a wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool in the pans for approximately 10-15 minutes.
- Then, gently remove each cake from the pan and allow to cool completely on a wire rack.
Tip When Baking These Cakes
When you use the 12 bundt mini cake pan only, the recipe will make approximately 24 miniature cakes. If you use the 6 bundt mini cake pan exclusively, the recipe will make 12 miniature cakes. By using a combination of the two size pans, you will get 18 cakes in total.
DIRECTIONS FOR WHIPPED CREAM
- While cakes are baking, chill mixing bowl in refrigerator until ready to use.
- After chilling the bowl, pour the cream into it.
- Next, turn mixer to medium speed and beat using whisk attachment for approximately 3 minutes until cream starts to thicken.
- Gently add vanilla and powdered sugar.
- Then, continue to beat until cream is thick.
- Once the cakes have cooled, top each miniature cake with a dollop of cream.
You may store any left over cream in a tightly sealed container in refrigerator for up to 3 days.
DIRECTIONS FOR CARAMEL SAUCE
- First, for the caramel sauce, add caramel bits to a small sauce pan and turn heat to lowest setting.
- Then, add the cream to pan.
- Next, stir constantly as caramel bits melt.
- If you do not serve the cakes immediately, the caramel will harden once removed from heat. If caramel hardens before serving cakes, return the sauce to low heat and add gradually add additional cream until caramel sauce becomes smooth and creamy again.
- Finally, drizzle caramel sauce over whipped cream.
Store any left over caramel sauce in the refrigerator. You can also serve these mini cakes with a scoop of Vanilla Bean Blue Bell Ice Cream.
Let me know what you think of J Dub’s Mini Toffee Pecan Pound Cakes.
This post does contain affiliate links. This means if you click on certain links and purchase a product I recommend, I will receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. If you don’t feel comfortable with this, you can do a google search (instead of clicking on my links) to find my recommendations. If you do make a purchase through my links, thank you so much for supporting my website.