My macaroni and cheese will always been on your summer menu. It is the perfect side dish for BBQ’s and pool parties.
16 ounces elbow macaroni
1 stick butter
8 ounces grated sharp white cheddar ( I use Tilamook)
1/2 cup sour cream
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 cup whole milk
1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
2 teaspoons kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
1 10 3/4 ounce can cheddar cheese soup
- First, preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- While oven is heating, bring heavily salted water to boil.
- Next, add pasta and cook according to package directions.
- After cooking pasta, drain it and then return to pot.
- Meanwhile, melt butter and cheeses (soup, shredded white cheddar, and cream cheese) on low in a sauce pan.
- Once cheeses and butter has melted, add this sauce to the pasta and stir.
- Next, stir the milk and sour cream into the past mixture.
- Beat eggs and add to pasta mixture. If pasta mixture is still too warm, add a small amount of the warm pasta mixture to the beaten eggs to bring eggs to the temperature of the pasta. Then add the beaten egg mixture to the pasta pot.
- Add spices and stir.
- After you have mixed everything together, grease a 9X13 casserole.
- Pour pasta into the casserole dish and bake at 350 degrees until hot and bubbly – approximately 20-25 minutes.
- If doubling for a large crowd, double all ingredients except eggs. Leave egg count at 4.
- This dish may be made the day before and refrigerated overnight. Remove from fridge an hour before baking.
- Category: side dishes
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: macaroni and cheese