J Dub’s Macaroni and Cheese is a crowd pleaser.
I make this for summer barbecues, Sunday dinners, Holiday side dishes, pot luck dinners….you name it.
Now that it is almost summer, my macaroni and cheese is always on the menu for summer BBQ’s and pool parties.
Make sure to try it with J Dub’s Brisket in the Oven. You can not go wrong with this comfort food.Print
J Dub’s Macaroni and Cheese
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 8 servings
My macaroni and cheese will always been on your summer menu. It is the perfect side dish for BBQ’s and pool parties.
16 ounces elbow macaroni
1 stick butter
8 ounces grated sharp white cheddar ( I use Tilamook)
1/2 cup sour cream
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 cup whole milk (buttermilk is excellent as well)
1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
2 teaspoons kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
1 10 3/4 ounce can cheddar cheese soup
- paprika (to sprinkle over top before baking)
- First, preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- While oven is heating, bring heavily salted water to boil.
- Next, add pasta and cook according to package directions.
- After cooking pasta, drain it and then return to pot.
- Meanwhile, melt butter and cheeses (soup, shredded white cheddar, and cream cheese) on low in a sauce pan.
- Once cheeses and butter has melted, add this sauce to the pasta and stir.
- Next, stir the milk and sour cream into the past mixture.
- Beat eggs and add to pasta mixture. If pasta mixture is still too warm, add a small amount of the warm pasta mixture to the beaten eggs to bring eggs to the temperature of the pasta. Then add the beaten egg mixture to the pasta pot.
- Add spices and stir.
- After you have mixed everything together, grease a 9X13 casserole.
- Optional – sprinkle with paprika.
- Pour pasta into the casserole dish and bake at 350 degrees until hot and bubbly – approximately 20-25 minutes.
- If doubling for a large crowd, double all ingredients except eggs. Leave egg count at 4.
- This dish may be made the day before and refrigerated overnight. Remove from fridge an hour before baking.
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: side dishes
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: macaroni and cheese
Drop me a comment below and let me know what you think of J Dub’s Macaroni and Cheese.
Looking For More Summer Recipes?
My Blackberry Lemon Pound Cake is the perfect dessert to serve with the brisket and my mac and cheese.
Or try out my Banana Pudding. I have two secret ingredients that make this banana pudding spectacular.
If you are looking for another side dish, try my hasselback potatoes!
Make sure to check out your new favorite Crispy Buttermilk Chicken Sandwich with my signature secret sauce.
Strawberry White Chocolate Cookies anyone? These cookies won’t last a day in your house.
My Blueberry Banana Pie is the perfect pie for your next brunch or summer get together. Your entire family will be begging you to share this recipe.
Also, don’t forget to try my Vanilla Pound Cake a la Darlene. My recipe makes a huge loaf cake that you can easily freeze for later.
If you are looking for a starter, my dill pickle dip is the perfect appetizer to serve for Mother’s Day brunch or at your next pool party.
This creamy balsamic salad dressing will become your new favorite. It is perfect on any summer salad.
Finally, my Monterey Jack Salsa will be your next favorite dip this summer.
How About Some DIY’s?
I’ve got a simple method to help you re-pot your succulents and refresh the containers for your summer patio.
Don’t forget to check out my method to get your patio cushions so clean. Your husband will think you bought brand new cushions!
Make sure to try out my window cleaning recipe. My formula will get all your glass surfaces streak free and unbelievably clean.
Speaking of patios……have you seen the major refresh I did on our tired, old wood outdoor dining table and chairs? This DIY works well on indoor furniture too.
Did you know you can dry an artichoke for the most gorgeous muted colors and texture? Click here to see this unbelievably easy DIY!
Don’t forget to follow me on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest to see all the daily happenings going on over at J Dub By Design™
CristinaAugust 25, 2019 11:00 pm
That sounds so yummy and like great feel-good food. Haven’t had mac n cheese in forever 🙂