J Dub’s Lemon Pound Cake is the summer dessert you need in your life. This pound cake is not only bursting with lemon flavor, it is unbelievably moist. There is not a doubt in my mind that it will be a hit at your next summer get together.
6 eggs, room temperature
2/3 cup sour cream, room temperature
2 sticks butter, room temperature
3 cups (375 grams) all purpose flour
2 cups (400 grams) sugar
1/2 t Baking soda
1/2 t Baking powder
1 large lemon, zested
3 T lemon juice (the juice of one large lemon)
1 T Poppy Seeds
1 T Vanilla
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spray bundt pan generously with spray. I use Baking with Flour.
- Using a stand mixer, cream the butter and sugar together at medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Once creamed, add eggs one at a time mixing only until each egg is incorporated.
- Meanwhile, in a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and baking powder.
- Add half of flour to butter and sugar mixture.
- Mix just until flour is incorporated.
- Next, add the sour cream and mix again.
- Add the remaining flour and mix again.
- Add the lemon juice, lemon zest, vanilla, and poppy seeds to the mixture.
- Using a mixing spoon, fold the dough over to incorporate.
- Scrape the dough into your greased and floured bundt pan.
- Tap the pan gently on the counter to remove any air bubbles.
- Place in oven and bake for approximately 50 minutes until tester comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool completely on a wire rack in the pan before removing.
Try J Dub’s Lemon Pound Cake and let me know what you think. Looking for another summer dessert? Don’t miss out on J Dub’s Blueberry Banana Pie.
This post does contain affiliate links. This means if you click on certain links and purchase a product I recommend, I will receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. If you don’t feel comfortable with this, you can do a google search (instead of clicking on my links) to find my recommendations. If you do make a purchase through my links, thank you so much for supporting my website.