This pound cake is just the right amount of sweet with the perfect hint of key lime.
- 3 cups flour (360 grams)
- 2 cups sugar (400 grams)
- 6 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup fresh key lime juice (57 grams)
- 1 cup buttermilk (227 ml)
- 1 1/2 cups temperature butter (339 grams)
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 Tablespoons key lime juice
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease and flour a bundt pan.
- Whip butter until creamy.
- Add sugar and mix until creamy.
- Add eggs one at a time, mixing until just incorporated.
- Whisk flour and baking powder together.
- Add flour to sugar mixture, alternating with milk.
- Mix until combined.
- Add vanilla and key lime juice then mix again.
- Bake for 50 -55 minutes, checking at 50 minutes to see if a toothpick comes out clean
- Remove from oven and allow to completely cool in pan on a cooling rack
- Once cool, flip over to remove from pan.
- Mix together the powdered sugar and lime juice.
- Using a spoon, drizzle the icing over the pound cake.
- Sprinkle the cake with lime zest.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 55 minutes
- Category: desserts
- Cuisine: American