My homemade Key Lime Pound Cake makes me think of summer.
Floating on the river……..
Hanging out at the pool with friends…..
It is that dessert that everyone wants to snack on all summer long.Print
This pound cake is just the right amount of sweet with the perfect hint of key lime.
- 3 cups flour (360 grams)
- 2 cups sugar (400 grams)
- 6 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup fresh key lime juice (57 grams)
- 1 cup buttermilk (227 ml)
- 1 1/2 cups temperature butter (339 grams)
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 Tablespoons key lime juice
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease and flour a bundt pan.
- Whip butter until creamy.
- Add sugar and mix until creamy.
- Add eggs one at a time, mixing until just incorporated.
- Whisk flour and baking powder together.
- Add flour to sugar mixture, alternating with milk.
- Mix until combined.
- Add vanilla and key lime juice then mix again.
- Bake for 50 -55 minutes, checking at 50 minutes to see if a toothpick comes out clean
- Remove from oven and allow to completely cool in pan on a cooling rack
- Once cool, flip over to remove from pan.
- Mix together the powdered sugar and lime juice.
- Using a spoon, drizzle the icing over the pound cake.
- Sprinkle the cake with lime zest.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 55 minutes
- Category: desserts
- Cuisine: American
I would love to hear what you think about my homemade Key Lime Pound Cake. Drop me a comment below and tell me what you think.
Pin For Later!
Looking for More Recipes?
My Sausage Klobasniky is a great savory sausage kolache to serve for breakfast or as an afternoon snack.
Definitely try out my “Whatever Cookies”! Change out the M & M’s to celebrate any occasion any time of year.
If you are looking for a great summer sandwich, my Turkey, Bacon, and Avocado Sandwich is the bomb.
Have you tried my Balsamic Red Wine Pot Roast? It is the most fantastic old school way to cook a roast. Perfect for Sunday dinner and/or dinner guests.
My Strawberry White Chocolate Cookies are the perfect base for the oh so perfect ice cream sandwich.
My Blueberry Banana Pie is the perfect pie for your Easter brunch. Your entire family will be begging you to share this recipe.
Try my Vanilla Pound Cake a la Darlene. My recipe makes a huge loaf cake that you can easily freeze for later.
My dill pickle dip is the perfect appetizer to serve at Easter brunch or at your next pool party.
This Carrot Banana Bread is unbelievably easy to make and addictive.
This creamy balsamic salad dressing will become your new favorite.
My roasted vegetable pie is a great side dish to incorporate all your summer garden vegetables.
How About Some DIY’S?
Check out this beautiful spring/summer wreath you can create in an hour or less with just a few supplies.
Need to tackle your dirty windows? I have the perfect homemade cleaner that will ensure you never buy Windex again,
Do your patio cushions need some TLC? I have that recipe for homemade cushion cleaner as well!
Have you purchased your ferns for your porches? I have the best way to keep them healthy and lush green all summer long.