J Dub’s InstaPot Vegetable Beef Soup is the perfect meal for a dreary day or a chilly night. My recipe takes about 10 minutes to prep, and then you sit back and let the InstaPot do all the work.
2.5 pounds beef boneless stew meat
1/4 cup flour
32 ounce chicken broth
28 ounces diced tomatoes – ( I use fire roasted garlic diced ) you can also use rotel tomatoes or a combo of both
40 ounce bag of frozen mixed vegetables
2 teaspoon salt, divided
2 teaspoon pepper, divided
3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
2 teaspoon onion powder, divided
2 teaspoon granulated garlic, divided
1 onion chopped
1/4 cup olive oil
Oyster crackers, french bread, or saltines
- Add spices to flour and whisk together.
- Put beef cubes in a gallon size ziplock bag.
- Sprinkle flour mixture onto beef, seal zip lock bag, and turn to coat the cubes completely.
- Pour olive oil in InstaPot and turn to sauté.
- Allow oil to heat up approximately 45 seconds.
- Add beef and brown for approximately 2-3 minutes, turning to brown on all sides.
- Once beef starts to brown, add onion and stir to mix.
- Sauté onion and beef mixture another 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Turn off the Instant Pot.
- Add chicken broth and stir to deglaze bottom of InstaPot.
- Next, add the diced tomatoes and roasted garlic.
- Stir to mix everything together.
- Add frozen vegetables and remaining garlic, salt, pepper, and onion powder.
- Stir to mix.
- Place lid on Instant making sure vent is turned to closed.
- Turn InstaPot to manual high for 30 minutes.
- Allow InstaPot to release pressure naturally.
- Using a ladle, pour into soup bowls.
- Serve with shredded cheddar cheese and crackers.
Try J Dub’s InstaPot Vegetable Beef Soup and let me know what you think. If you are looking for other InstaPot recipes, try out J Dub’s InstaPot Chicken and J Dubs InstaPot Roast.
This post does contain affiliate links. This means if you click on certain links and purchase a product I recommend, I will receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. If you don’t feel comfortable with this, you can do a google search (instead of clicking on my links) to find my recommendations. If you do make a purchase through my links, thank you so much for supporting my website.
Evelyn WilliamsJanuary 13, 2022 1:48 am
One of my favorite meals! Great as a leftover and very easy to make, and it will make you feel warm and toasty! Love it mom!!!!