My homemade velveeta will be the base for all your cheesy dips and casseroles. You will never go back to store bought again.
2 cups (500 ml) boiling water
32 ounces grated mild cheddar
2 packages Knox unflavored gelatin
3/4 cup Dry Milk Powder
- Place gelatin and dry milk powder in blender or food processor and pulse to mix.
- While processor is running, gradually add boiling water.
- Mix well to combine.
- Add cheddar cheese and mix again.
- Pour mixture in seran wrap lined loaf pan.
- Cover and place in the refrigerator to chill overnight.
- Use in place of any recipe that calls for regular Velveeta cheese.
- J Dub’s Homemade Velveeta will keep in the refrigerator covered for up to one month.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 6 hours (chill time)
- Category: appetizers
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: velveeta, cheese