J Dub’s Homemade Velveeta is the perfect melting cheese for dips and casseroles.
Back in the day store bought Velveeta was made with real cheese.
Now there’s no cheese in it and it’s full of preservatives.
So, I figured out how to make my own.
My very cheesy homemade version serves as the base for all of my cheese based dips that call for regular Velveeta.
This post contains affiliate links. If you click on certain links and purchase a product I recommend, I will receive a small commission at no extra cost to you.Print
My homemade velveeta will be the base for all your cheesy dips and casseroles. You will never go back to store bought again.
2 cups (500 ml) boiling water
32 ounces grated mild cheddar
2 packages Knox unflavored gelatin
3/4 cup Dry Milk Powder
- Place gelatin and dry milk powder in blender or food processor and pulse to mix.
- While processor is running, gradually add boiling water.
- Mix well to combine.
- Add cheddar cheese and mix again.
- Pour mixture in seran wrap lined loaf pan.
- Cover and place in the refrigerator to chill overnight.
- Use in place of any recipe that calls for regular Velveeta cheese.
- J Dub’s Homemade Velveeta will keep in the refrigerator covered for up to one month.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 6 hours (chill time)
- Category: appetizers
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: velveeta, cheese
You will love J Dub’s Homemade Velveeta.
Once you try this creamy real cheese base in your dips, you will never return to the store bought version!
Try it in my world famous Black Eyed Pea Dip to see exactly what I mean!
Looking for more appetizer ideas? I have got you covered.
My dill pickle dip is the BOMB! It is the perfect dip for spring and summer……if you don’t eat it all before your guests arrive.
Monterey Jack Salsa is another great crowd favorite. Your friends will be begging you to share this awesome dip recipe.