Have you tried J-Dub’s homemade croutons? These delicious homemade croutons can be used on any salad, but fresh romaine topped with Caesar Salad Dressing is my favorite way to go.
1 loaf fresh bread from bakery department (I used Asiago Cheese Bread, but sourdough, french, ciabatta all work well)
1 stick Butter
1/2 cup avocado oil
3 large cloves roasted garlic, minced (you may substitute freshly minced garlic)
2 teaspoons kosher salt (I use Red Diamond)
2 teaspoons pepper
- Preheat oven 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cut bread into 1” chunks and place in bowl.
- Melt butter in skillet.
- Add Oil.
- Turn off heat and add minced roasted garlic. If you are using fresh garlic leave heat on for 30 additional seconds until fragrant.
- Pour mixture carefully over bread chunks and toss bread to coat completely.
- Dump bread back into skillet, it will be overflowing.
- Bake for approximately 30 minutes, checking and turning the bread every 10 minutes so that the chunks brown evenly.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool on rack.
- Store in air tight container for approximately 3 days.
I hope you enjoy J-Dub’s homemade croutons. Let me know what you think.
This post does contain affiliate links. This means if you click on certain links and purchase a product I recommend, I will receive a small commission. If you don’t feel comfortable with this, you can do a google search (instead of clicking on my links) to find my recommendations. If you do make a purchase through my links, thank you so much for supporting my website!