This Garlic Wedge Fries are perfect side dish to serve in place of French fries. YUM!
- 3 large Russet potatoes
- Ice water bath
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Tablespoon Lawry’s Seasoning Salt
- 1 Tablespoon course ground black pepper
- 6 Tablespoons finely chopped garlic
- 4 Tablespoons melted butter
- Cut the washed and dried potatoes into large wedges.
- Place the wedges in an ice water bath for a few hours to remove the excess starch. (I have even left them soaking overnight). The longer they can soak, the better.
- Drain the wedges from ice water and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Place in a bowl and drizzle with olive oil.
- Toss to coat.
- Then sprinkle on spices.
- Toss again.
- Place the wedges on their side on a oven safe rack placed on top of a foil lined baking sheet.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place in the oven and bake 40-50 minutes, depending on the size of your potato wedges.
- Using tongs, turn the wedges to the other side about 30 minutes into baking.
- While the wedges are baking, melt butter.
- Toss the chopped garlic in the butter and saute for approximately 3 minutes.
- Once the wedges are baked, remove them from the oven and place them in a bowl lined with a paper towel.
- Drizzle the melted garlic butter over the fries.
- Serve immediately.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes (plus ice bath)
- Cook Time: 40-50 minutes
- Category: side dishes
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Garlic Wedge Fries, Baked Wedge Fries