Garlic Wedge Fries are my new addiction.
I have been making my recipe minus the garlic for years.
Then, David and I stumbled upon Blue Star Brewing Company in San Antonio.
Their food is amazing and David loves their craft beer.
For me, their garlic fries are a whole new level of addiction.
Since I don’t drive to San Antonio that much,
I decided to do my take on their recipe
Mine are wedges and they are baked.
And, they are pretty dang good.
And, if the garlic isn’t your thing, you can always leave it off.
But you will be missing out.Print
J Dub’s Garlic Wedge Fries
- Total Time: 44 minute
- Yield: 48 wedges 1x
This Garlic Wedge Fries are perfect side dish to serve in place of French fries. YUM!
- 3 large Russet potatoes
- Ice water bath
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Tablespoon Lawry’s Seasoning Salt
- 1 Tablespoon course ground black pepper
- 6 Tablespoons finely chopped garlic
- 4 Tablespoons melted butter
- Cut the washed and dried potatoes into large wedges.
- Place the wedges in an ice water bath for a few hours to remove the excess starch. (I have even left them soaking overnight). The longer they can soak, the better.
- Drain the wedges from ice water and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Place in a bowl and drizzle with olive oil.
- Toss to coat.
- Then sprinkle on spices.
- Toss again.
- Place the wedges on their side on a oven safe rack placed on top of a foil lined baking sheet.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place in the oven and bake 40-50 minutes, depending on the size of your potato wedges.
- Using tongs, turn the wedges to the other side about 30 minutes into baking.
- While the wedges are baking, melt butter.
- Toss the chopped garlic in the butter and saute for approximately 3 minutes.
- Once the wedges are baked, remove them from the oven and place them in a bowl lined with a paper towel.
- Drizzle the melted garlic butter over the fries.
- Serve immediately.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes (plus ice bath)
- Cook Time: 40-50 minutes
- Category: side dishes
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Garlic Wedge Fries, Baked Wedge Fries
Drop me a comment below and let me know what you think of my Garlic Wedge Fries.
Looking For Some Appetizer Ideas?
My Black Eyed Pea Dip and Grown Up Queso will take your party to the next level!
My dill pickle dip is the BOMB! It is the perfect dip for spring and summer……if you don’t eat it all before your guests arrive.
Monterey Jack Salsa is another great crowd favorite. Your friends will be begging you to share this awesome dip recipe.
Looking for Even More Recipes?
I believe everyone should be able to create at least one authentic homemade Mexican dish. Here’s one your family will be begging y9ou to make……. J Dub’s famous Mexican Beef!
My Chicken Pot Pie is another family favorite. You can make one large pie, or whip it up in individual crocks. Decorate it with seasonal cookie cut outs, and BAM, you are a super star chef!
Do You Love DIY’s?
Spring is just around the corner, and my DIY Faux Orchid Arrangement will brighten up any corner of your space.
Have you seen the old leather top bow front desk I just refreshed? It is amazing and I can’t believe how easy the transformation went!
If you are looking for a unique way to add flair to a piece of furniture, check out my Anthro nightstand dupe!
Did you see the DIY Topiary I made for Valentine’s Day? You can make this for any occasion……Mother’s Day anyone?
Are you looking for a way to incorporate some easy real greenery into your home? Check out my post on all the ways you can style air plants. I also give you some helpful tips on how to care for them.
My before and after Bedroom Refresh takes my college kiddos bedroom up a few notches.
I created a Footed Stool using materials I already had laying around my workroom. You won’t believe what I used for the legs of the stool.
Don’t forget to follow me on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest to see all the daily happenings going on over at J Dub By Design™
bethJanuary 20, 2023 6:51 pm
I would give these wedges 10 stars if i could. I made myself miserable and I fought my husband for the last one 🤣.