J Dub’s Egg Noodle Lasagna is the perfect main dish for a busy weeknight.
1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound sausage
1 1/2 cups (12 ounces ) of your favorite red pasta sauce
8 ounce package egg noodles
- 64 ounces chicken broth
1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon pepper
1 t granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
Packet Italian dressing mix
8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup shaved parmesan plus 1/3 cup, divided
4 green onions, chopped
1 1/2 cup shredded or torn mozzarella cheese
- First, preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Brown the meat in a Dutch oven or cast iron skillet.
- Drain grease from the meat and return it to the skillet.
- Next, add the sauce, salt, pepper, oregano, dried parsley, onion powder, and garlic.
- Simmer this mixture on low for approximately 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile the meat is simmering, add chicken broth to stock pot and bring to a boil.
- Pour in egg noodles, top with additional water if needed, and then cook the egg noodles according to package directions.
- While the noodles are cooking, mix the sour cream, cream cheese and Italian dressing packet.
- Once the noodles are ready, strain the water completely.
- Do not discard your water. You can use this as a foundation for soups, etc.
- Then, add warm cooked noodles over sour cream mixture and stir to coat noodles completely.
- Add chopped green onions and shaved parmesan to noodle mixture.
- Grease a round 2 quart casserole dish or an 8×8 square pyrex dish.
- Put a light layer of the hamburger mixture on bottom.
- Top with the pasta mixture.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella.
- Bake approximately 20 -25 minutes until bubbly.
- Remove from oven and allow to sit about 5 minutes to set.
- If I have it on hand, I will use my All Day Red Sauce.
- If not, I like to use Rao Spaghetti Sauce.
- I used to shred the mozzarella, but now i just tear it into large mounds and place all over the casserole.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: Italian