J Dub’s Egg Noodle Lasagna is a recipe I have counted on for years. When I was re-starting my business for the third time, I made it a priority to sit down at the dinner table with my kids as many nights as I possibly could. This recipe works because it’s not only fast, BUT it’s also delicious. Throw together a fresh green salad and some French bread, and you can call dinner DONE.
1.5 pounds ground beef
1 1/2 cups (12 ounces ) of your favorite pasta sauce
8 ounce package egg noodles
1 t salt
1 t granulated garlic
Packet Good Seasons Italian dressing mix
1 t pepper
1 t oregano
8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup shaved parmesan plus 1/3 cup, divided
4 green onions, chopped
1 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, divided
- First, preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Brown the meat in a Dutch oven or cast iron skillet.
- Drain grease from the meat and return it to the skillet.
- Next, add the sauce, salt, pepper, oregano, and garlic.
- Simmer this mixture on low for approximately 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile the meat is simmering, cook the egg noodles according to package directions.
- While the noodles are cooking, mix the sour cream, cream cheese and Italian dressing packet.
- Once the noodles are ready, strain the water completely.
- Then, add warm cooked noodles over sour cream mixture and stir to coat noodles completely.
- Add chopped green onions and shaved parmesan to noodle mixture.
- Grease a round 2 quart casserole dish or an 8×8 square pyrex dish.
- Put a light layer of the hamburger mixture on bottom.
- Top with half the pasta mixture.
- Sprinkle with 1/3 cup mozzarella.
- Repeat the layers again using 1/2 of what is left of meat, all of the remaining noodles, and another 1/2 cup mozzarella.
- Top that layer with remaining meat and sprinkle with remaining 1/3 cup mozzarella and 1/3 parmesan.
- Bake approximately 20 -25 minutes until bubbly.
- You can also just make this dish using only one layer of each ingredient – a small layer of meat, all of the noodle mixture, top the noodles with beef, and then sprinkle the top with cheese.
- I use HEB Organic Tomato Basil Pasta Sauce.
- I have even used sharp Tilamook cheddar in place of the mozzarella.
Try J Dub’s Egg Noodle Lasagna and let me know what you think!
Have you seen J Dub’s Quick Pizza Dough? This dough will ensure you are making your very own homemade pizzas in no time.
If you are looking for another easy weeknight meal, check out J Dub’s Stuffed Meatloaf.
This post does contain affiliate links. This means if you click on certain links and purchase a product I recommend, I will receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thank you so much for supporting my website.