J Dub’s Egg Noodle Lasagna is a recipe I have counted on for years.
When I was re-starting my business for the third time, I made it a priority to sit down at the dinner table with my kids as many nights as I possibly could.
This recipe works because it’s not only fast, BUT it’s also delicious.
Throw together a fresh green salad and some French bread.
And, you can call dinner DONE.
This post contains affiliate links. If you click on certain links and purchase a product I recommend, I will receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thank you so much for supporting my website.
J Dub’s Egg Noodle Lasagna
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 8 servings 1x
J Dub’s Egg Noodle Lasagna is the perfect main dish for a busy weeknight.
1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound sausage
1 1/2 cups (12 ounces ) of your favorite red pasta sauce
8 ounce package egg noodles
- 64 ounces chicken broth
1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon pepper
1 t granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
Packet Italian dressing mix
8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup shaved parmesan plus 1/3 cup, divided
4 green onions, chopped
1 1/2 cup shredded or torn mozzarella cheese
- First, preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Brown the meat in a Dutch oven or cast iron skillet.
- Drain grease from the meat and return it to the skillet.
- Next, add the sauce, salt, pepper, oregano, dried parsley, onion powder, and garlic.
- Simmer this mixture on low for approximately 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile the meat is simmering, add chicken broth to stock pot and bring to a boil.
- Pour in egg noodles, top with additional water if needed, and then cook the egg noodles according to package directions.
- While the noodles are cooking, mix the sour cream, cream cheese and Italian dressing packet.
- Once the noodles are ready, strain the water completely.
- Do not discard your water. You can use this as a foundation for soups, etc.
- Then, add warm cooked noodles over sour cream mixture and stir to coat noodles completely.
- Add chopped green onions and shaved parmesan to noodle mixture.
- Grease a round 2 quart casserole dish or an 8×8 square pyrex dish.
- Put a light layer of the hamburger mixture on bottom.
- Top with the pasta mixture.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella.
- Bake approximately 20 -25 minutes until bubbly.
- Remove from oven and allow to sit about 5 minutes to set.
- If I have it on hand, I will use my All Day Red Sauce.
- If not, I like to use Rao Spaghetti Sauce.
- I used to shred the mozzarella, but now i just tear it into large mounds and place all over the casserole.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: Italian
Try J Dub’s Egg Noodle Lasagna and let me know what you think!
Pin For Later!
Looking For More Dinner Recipes?
Have you tried my Balsamic Red Wine Pot Roast? Divine!
My Chicken Cakes with Remoulade are one of my most popular recipes on Pinterest.
And, if you are in search of an excellent chicken sandwich, my Blue Cheese Ranch Buffalo Chicken Sandwich is one you will want to put on repeat over and over and over.
How About Some Snacks and Appetizer Recipes?
You will love my Rosemary Cashews.
And, you also need to try my Spiced Pecans.
Have you tried my Falling For Fall Trail Mix Recipe? It is outstanding.
You don’t want to miss my Mexican Spinach Artichoke Dip. The smoked cheese takes it to the next level.
If you are a queso lover, my recipe is screaming your name.
Who doesn’t love pickles? My dill pickle dip is great any time of year.
Don’t forget to try out my J Dub’s Black Eyed Pea Dip. Its another hot dip that all your friends and family will be asking you to put on repeat.
Make sure to follow me on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest to see all the daily happenings going on over at J Dub By Design™!
TehriOctober 24, 2022 6:41 pm
Yum. Can’t wait to try! I usually do lasagna noodles without cooking them, and have never used cream cheese. But this looks so simple and a lot less work, without all the egg, ricotta mixture, etc. I can’t wait to try this!!
VanessaOctober 24, 2022 7:17 pm
This is on rotation at our house once a week. You can not beat this Italian dish. And when you use her homemade marinara, it’s to die for.
MelanieOctober 24, 2022 7:18 pm
Holy Moly! It’s so good. And the best part – it doesn’t take hours to make.
MeredithOctober 24, 2022 7:19 pm
Another outstanding recipe! This one is a MUST!