J Dub’s Eashy Homemade Chicken Pot Pie is comfort food at its finest. This recipe is so simple. It is ready to pop in the oven in 15 minutes or less.
- 1 onion
- 2 large cloves garlic minced
- 4 tablespoons butter + 1 tablespoon, divided
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- Ready made pie crusts
- Cream of chicken soup, 1 can
- Cream of mushroom soup, 1 can
- 16 ounce package mixed vegetables, thawed
- 1 teaspoon Granulated Garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 Tablespoon flour
- 1 cup chicken stock
- First, Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Next, melt butter.
- Add chopped onion and cook until translucent.
- Add garlic and sauté until fragrant, approximately 30 seconds.
- Mix in the thawed vegetables.
- Add the soups and stir to combine.
- Next, add in the chicken and spices, mix again.
- Add 1 Tablespoon flour to the 1 cup chicken broth.
- Add this broth mixture to the chicken and vegetables and stir to combine.
- Turn stove on low and allow mixture to simmer for approximately 10 minutes, stirring occasionally to keep from sticking to the bottom.
- Since this mixture is cooked, you may taste it to see if you need to add any additional spices.
- While the mixture is simmering, place one ready made pie crust on the bottom your cast skillet.
- After the mixture has thickened, gently pour this mixture over the the bottom crust.
- Top the mixture with the second crust, sealing the edges of the crust around the sides cast iron skillet.
- Bake the pie for approximately 40 minutes until crust is lightly browned and pie is bubbly on sides.
- Remove the pie from the oven and brush the top with remaining 1 Tablespoon of butter.
- Place pie back in oven for a few minutes so that the butter can bake into the crust.
- Category: Dinner
Keywords: chicken pot pie