J Dub’s Easy Homemade Chicken Pot Pie is comfort food at its finest.
Although some versions of this recipe can take all day to make, this one is very easy.
In fact, it’s ready to pop in the oven in around 15 minutes…..or less.
I use a fresh HEB rotisserie chicken meat that has already been deboned and chopped.
I also use pre-made pie crusts.
This recipe is so easy to whip up, you can even take the time to cut out cute little shapes in your pie crusts so it looks like you slaved for hours in the kitchen.
This post contains affiliate links. If you click on certain links and purchase a product I recommend, I will receive a small commission at no extra cost to you.Print
J Dub’s Chicken Pot Pie
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Yield: 6–8 servings 1x
J Dub’s Eashy Homemade Chicken Pot Pie is comfort food at its finest. This recipe is so simple. It is ready to pop in the oven in 15 minutes or less.
- 1 onion
- 2 large cloves garlic minced
- 4 tablespoons butter + 1 tablespoon, divided
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- Ready made pie crusts
- Cream of chicken soup, 1 can
- Cream of mushroom soup, 1 can
- 16 ounce package mixed vegetables, thawed
- 1 teaspoon Granulated Garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 Tablespoon flour
- 1 cup chicken stock
- First, Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Next, melt butter.
- Add chopped onion and cook until translucent.
- Add garlic and sauté until fragrant, approximately 30 seconds.
- Mix in the thawed vegetables.
- Add the soups and stir to combine.
- Next, add in the chicken and spices, mix again.
- Add 1 Tablespoon flour to the 1 cup chicken broth.
- Add this broth mixture to the chicken and vegetables and stir to combine.
- Turn stove on low and allow mixture to simmer for approximately 10 minutes, stirring occasionally to keep from sticking to the bottom.
- Since this mixture is cooked, you may taste it to see if you need to add any additional spices.
- While the mixture is simmering, place one ready made pie crust on the bottom your cast skillet.
- After the mixture has thickened, gently pour this mixture over the the bottom crust.
- Top the mixture with the second crust, sealing the edges of the crust around the sides cast iron skillet.
- Bake the pie for approximately 40 minutes until crust is lightly browned and pie is bubbly on sides.
- Remove the pie from the oven and brush the top with remaining 1 Tablespoon of butter.
- Place pie back in oven for a few minutes so that the butter can bake into the crust.
- You can use a decorative pie crust cutter to cut shapes out of the top of your crust.
- You can also make smaller individual pies and cut shapes out using miniature cookie cutters. This recipe will make four individual chicken pot pies.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chicken pot pie
Stinkerbelle loves this recipe, and just requested it for dinner this week.
In fact, due to Covid, she’s home from LSU studying to take her finals on-line.
And, so per her request, Easy Chicken Pot Pie is exactly what I am making for her tonight.
Try out J Dub’s Easy Homemade Chicken Pot Pie and let me know what you think below.
Looking For More?
Have you tried some of these tried and true recipe favorites?
- J Dub’s Out of This World Stuffed Meatloaf
- J Dub’s Cajun Red Beans and Rice
- Chicken Cakes with Remoulade Sauce
- J Dub’s Outstanding Homemade Chili Recipe
- J Dub’s InstaPot Pot Roast
- Roasted Tomato Basil Soup
How about something for your sweet tooth?
How About Some DIY’s?
- How to Use Furniture Wax For A Gorgeous Finish
- DIY Aged Pot Tutorial Using Two Materials
- Before and After Bedroom Makeover
- DIY Unique Footed Tray for Holiday Decor and Entertaining
Make sure to follow me On Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest to see all my latest recipes and DIY’s.
ShirleyDecember 7, 2020 11:29 pm
I’m so glad I found you on Pinterest! I make this recipe all the time for my family. So simple and so dang good. You need to write a cookbook 👏🏼