My Chicken Egg Noodle Soup is the quintessential comfort food.
It’s the perfect soup for those blustery cold and windy days.
Just grab a bowl and plop down by the fire.
This post contains affiliate links. If you click on certain links and purchase a product I recommend, I will receive a small commission at no extra cost to you.
- 1 Rotisserie Chicken, deboned and shredded
- 1 bundle celery chopped
- 6 carrots, chopped
- 2 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 cups chicken stock or broth
- 4 cups water
- 2 Tablespoon chicken flavor base or bouillon
- salt and pepper to taste
- 8 ounces egg noodles
- Melt butter.
- Add olive oil
- Saute celery, bell pepper, carrots, and onion until tender. Sprinkle 1 teaspoon salt over vegetables while cooking.
- While the vegetables are sauteeing, place shredded chicken in large stock pot with 4 cups of chicken broth, 4 cups of water, and bouillon.
- Once vegetables tender, remove half of the vegetable mixture and puree in the blender.
- Pour both the chopped and pureed vegetables on top of the chicken and broth.
- Let the soup simmer on low for about 30 minutes.
- Then add the egg noodles. If you are planning to freeze this soup. Do not put the egg noodles in. See note below.
- Simmer until egg noodles are cooked through.
- Taste and add salt and pepper if needed.
- You can make and freeze for up to 6 months.
- Put the amount you want to freeze in a separate container before adding the egg noodles to the remaining soup.
- For the frozen soup – thaw, reheat, and then put the egg noodles into broth to cook before serving.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Category: Soup
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chicken noodle soup, soup
I would love to know what you think of my Chicken Egg Noodle Soup. Just drop me a comment below.
Pin for Later!
Looking for More Recipes?
My brisket and gouda tarts are outstanding and perfect for the Super Bowl.
Definitely try out my “Whatever Cookies”! Change out the M & M’s to celebrate any occasion any time of year.
You definitely want to add my S’Mores Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies to your cookie list!
If you are looking for a great summer sandwich, my Turkey, Bacon, and Avocado Sandwich is the bomb.
Have you tried my Balsamic Red Wine Pot Roast? It is the most fantastic old school way to cook a roast. Perfect for Sunday dinner and/or dinner guests.
My Strawberry White Chocolate Cookies are the perfect base for the oh so perfect ice cream sandwich.
My Blueberry Banana Pie is the perfect pie for your Easter brunch. Your entire family will be begging you to share this recipe.
Try my Vanilla Pound Cake a la Darlene. My recipe makes a huge loaf cake that you can easily freeze for later.
My dill pickle dip is the perfect appetizer to serve at Easter brunch or at your next pool party.
This Carrot Banana Bread is unbelievably easy to make and addictive.
This creamy balsamic salad dressing will become your new favorite.
My roasted vegetable pie is a great side dish to incorporate all your summer garden vegetables.
Looking for More?
Get your kitchen organized and ready for the New Year with my step by step videos on exactly how I do it.
Create this stunning orchid arrangement to take you from the winter blues all the way through spring.
Here’s another DIY Faux Orchid Arrangement using a different container that is just as lovely and a completely different look.
This DIY Heart Shaped Grapevine Wreath is perfect for Valentine’s Day and all spring long. You can even decorate a little girl’s bedroom with it.
Have you seen the old leather top bow front desk I just made over? It is amazing and I can’t believe how easy the process went!
If you are looking for a unique way to add flair to a piece of furniture, check out my Anthro nightstand dupe!
Did you see the DIY Topiary I made for Valentine’s Day? You can make this for any occasion……Mother’s Day anyone?
Are you looking for a way to use some easy live plants into your home? Check out my post on all the ways you can style air plants. I also give you some helpful tips on how to care for them.
My before and after Bedroom Refresh takes my college kiddos bedroom up a few notches.
I created a Footed Stool using materials I already had laying around my craft space. You won’t believe what I used for the legs of the stool.