J Dub’s Chicken Caesar Sandwich is a big hit with both David and the kids. If you are counting calories and don’t want to fry the chicken strips, try baking them instead. Also, if don’t have any of my Homemade Caesar dressing on hand, use your favorite brand. Whenever I am in a rush, I use HEB Organic Caesar Dressing.
1 cup Homemade Caesar salad Dressing plus additional 3/4 cup, divided
6 Ciabatta Rolls
12 chicken tenders (approximately 2 pounds)
1 package bacon cooked and broken into 3-4 inch long pieces.
12 slices provolone cheese
1/2 cup flour
1 teaspoon granulated garlic
1 teaspoon Kosher salt (I use Red Diamond)
1 teaspoon black pepper
Avocado oil to cover 1/4 inch of bottom of cast iron skillet.
- Place chicken tenders in ziplock bag.
- Pour 1 cup of Caesar dressing over them.
- Seal bag and make sure that the chicken strips are evenly coated with dressing.
- Place ziplock bag in refrigerator and allow chicken to marinate.
- Allow chicken to marinate in the Caesar salad dressing for at least 3 hours (You can also marinate overnight.)
- When ready to prepare sandwiches, remove the tenders and discard bag of marinade.
- Add spices to flour and whisk.
- Dip the tenders in flour and set on rack to dry for at least 10 minutes.
- Pour enough Avocado oil so that there is 1/4 inch completing covering the bottom of your cast iron skillet.
- Heat oil in skillet.
- Place tenders in skillet without crowding. (Make sure the oil is hot before adding tenders as the batter won’t stick if the oil is not hot).
- Fry tenders in oil until done, approximately 3 to 4 minutes per side. (Your kitchen thermometer should read 165 degrees Fahrenheit.)
- Place a cooling rack on top of a paper towel to catch the grease.
- Place tenders on rack as you fry them.
- Cook remaining tenders.
- Once tenders are done, slice the rolls in half.
- Spread each side of ciabatta roll with the remaining 3/4 cups Caesar salad dressing.
- Place two two tenders on one side of the roll.
- Add one piece of provolone over the tenders.
- On the other side of the roll, place a second piece of provolone.
- Top the cheese with a thinly sliced avocado (usually 2 to 3 slices).
- Add three small pieces of bacon.
- Repeat this process with remaining sandwiches.
- Place each sandwich side on cookie sheet and bake for approximately 5 minutes at 375 degrees Fahrenheit until cheese has melted.
- Place the sandwich sides together.
Alternative Baking Instructions
If you would rather bake the chicken strips instead of frying, preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a casserole dish and place strips including marinade in the dish. Bake for 20 – 25 minutes until chicken is cooked through. Finally, assemble sandwich according to the directions.
I hope you enjoy J Dub’s Chicken Caesar Sandwich. Drop me a comment and let me know what you think.
Looking for another sandwich idea? Try J Dub’s Gillespie Sandwich. It’s my take on one of David’s local restaurant favorites.
EvelynSeptember 11, 2019 11:24 pm
I love these sandwiches!!! They are so absolutely delicious! ❤️