This brisket is so tender and full of flavor. Some people say it is blasphemy to cook a brisket in the oven, I say once you try it, you will never go back to the grill again.
2 pounds bacon
6–8 pound Brisket
2 teaspoon paprika
2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
2 teaspoon black pepper
2 tablespoon dry mustard
1 teaspoon Seasoning Salt (Lawry’s)
2 teaspoon cumin
2 teaspoon onion powder
DIRECTIONS FOR RUB
- First, place all spices in a small bowl.
- Next, whisk to mix.
DIRECTIONS FOR J DUB’S BRISKET IN THE OVEN
- First, Preheat oven to 275 degrees Fahrenheit
- Place oven rack in center of oven.
- Then, trim basket of any fat to 1/4 “ thick.
- Meanwhile, place the bacon crosswise in an oven safe pan large enough to fit brisket.
- Sprinkle rub over fatty side of brisket.
- Next, Place fatty side of brisket down over bacon in pan.
- Then, sprinkle the remaining rub over top side of brisket.
- Additionally, using remaining bacon, cover the brisket crosswise.
- Next, place the pan holding the brisket on top of a larger broiler pan or a cookie sheet to catch any drippings.
- Then cover the brisket pan with foil.
- Bake in the oven for 6 hours.
- Finally, remove from oven and allow meat to rest for 15 minutes before serving.
- If you have any brisket leftovers, you can chop it up and add this meat to your hamburger meat. It makes a hamburger on the grill spectacular. This I will gladly concede to David.
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: brisket, brisket in the oven