J Dub’s Brisket in the Oven is the BEST around.
David does not agree – he likes his brisket on the grill.
But, if you don’t want to be up all hours of the night smelling like meat because you have to babysit the grill, then try my recipe.
See for yourself.
Mine is the BEST…..even if David will never admit it.
Also, you will have the kids lining up for seconds – especially if you serve it with J Dub’s Macaroni and Cheese.Print
J Dub’s Brisket in the Oven
- Total Time: 6 hours 10 minutes
- Yield: 12–14 servings 1x
This brisket is so tender and full of flavor. Some people say it is blasphemy to cook a brisket in the oven, I say once you try it, you will never go back to the grill again.
2 pounds bacon
6–8 pound Brisket
2 teaspoon paprika
2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
2 teaspoon black pepper
2 tablespoon dry mustard
1 teaspoon Seasoning Salt (Lawry’s)
2 teaspoon cumin
2 teaspoon onion powder
DIRECTIONS FOR RUB
- First, place all spices in a small bowl.
- Next, whisk to mix.
DIRECTIONS FOR J DUB’S BRISKET IN THE OVEN
- First, Preheat oven to 275 degrees Fahrenheit
- Place oven rack in center of oven.
- Then, trim basket of any fat to 1/4 “ thick.
- Meanwhile, place the bacon crosswise in an oven safe pan large enough to fit brisket.
- Sprinkle rub over fatty side of brisket.
- Next, Place fatty side of brisket down over bacon in pan.
- Then, sprinkle the remaining rub over top side of brisket.
- Additionally, using remaining bacon, cover the brisket crosswise.
- Next, place the pan holding the brisket on top of a larger broiler pan or a cookie sheet to catch any drippings.
- Then cover the brisket pan with foil.
- Bake in the oven for 6 hours.
- Finally, remove from oven and allow meat to rest for 15 minutes before serving.
- If you have any brisket leftovers, you can chop it up and add this meat to your hamburger meat. It makes a hamburger on the grill spectacular. This I will gladly concede to David.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 6 hours
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: brisket, brisket in the oven
Drop me a comment below once you have tried J Dub’s Brisket in the Oven and let me know what you think!
Don’t Forget To Pin For Later!
Looking For More Summer Recipes?
My Blackberry Lemon Pound Cake is the perfect dessert to serve with the brisket.
Or try out my Banana Pudding. I have two secret ingredients that make this banana pudding spectacular.
If you are looking for a side dish, try my hasselback potatoes!
Make sure to check out your new favorite Crispy Buttermilk Chicken Sandwich with my signature secret sauce.
Strawberry White Chocolate Cookies anyone? These cookies won’t last a day in your house.
My Blueberry Banana Pie is the perfect pie for your next brunch or summer get together. Your entire family will be begging you to share this recipe.
Also, don’t forget to try my Vanilla Pound Cake a la Darlene. My recipe makes a huge loaf cake that you can easily freeze for later.
If you are looking for a starter, my dill pickle dip is the perfect appetizer to serve for Mother’s Day brunch or at your next pool party.
This creamy balsamic salad dressing will become your new favorite. It is perfect on any summer salad.
Finally, my Monterey Jack Salsa will be your next favorite dip this summer.
How About Some DIY’s?
I’ve got a simple method to help you re-pot your succulents and refresh the containers for your summer patio.
Don’t forget to check out my method to get your patio cushions so clean. Your husband will think you bought brand new cushions!
Make sure to try out my window cleaning recipe. My formula will get all your glass surfaces streak free and unbelievably clean.
Speaking of patios……have you seen the major refresh I did on our tired, old wood outdoor dining table and chairs? This DIY works well on indoor furniture too.
Did you know you can dry an artichoke for the most gorgeous muted colors and texture? Click here to see this unbelievably easy DIY!
Don’t forget to follow me on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest to see all the daily happenings going on over at J Dub By Design™