Here’s a fabulous recipe for all those glorious blackberries. Meet my Blackberry Lemon Pound Cake. This cake will quickly become your family’s favorite summer-time dessert.
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 2 T baking powder
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups blackberries
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spray a bundt pan with Baking with Flour and set aside.
- Whisk the flour and baking powder together in a bowl and set aside.
- Using a stand mixer, cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Beat each egg into the butter sugar mixture just until incorporated.
- Add in the sour cream, lemon juice, and lemon zest and mix again.
- Next, add flour and milk, alternating between each until both are fully incorporated.
- Add in vanilla and mix again.
- Fold the blackberries in by hand and use a large spatula to stir them into the cake batter. If you use your stand mixer, you will crush them.
- Place the pan in the oven and bake for 55 – 65 minutes, checking often to make sure it is not overbaking.
- Remove the pan from the oven and allow it to cool on a wire rack until completely cooled.
- Flip the pan over on the wire rack and gently remove the cake.
- Serve with homemade whipped cream or vanilla bean ice cream.
- Category: dessert
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: blackberry pound cake