My Blackberry Lemon Pound Cake is a great summer-time dessert.
Especially now that grocery stores and farmer’s markets are stocked with gloriously ripe blackberries now through September.
Whip it up for your next pool party, BBQ, or picnic. It is crammed full of fresh ripe blackberries and just a hint of lemon.
THE BEST PART!!!!!!
This cake only takes about 10 minutes to prep before you pop it into the oven.
This cake can stand alone or serve it with a side of Blue Bell Homemade Vanilla Bean Ice Cream and watch it disappear before your eyes.Print
Here’s a fabulous recipe for all those glorious blackberries. Meet my Blackberry Lemon Pound Cake. This cake will quickly become your family’s favorite summer-time dessert.
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 2 T baking powder
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups blackberries
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spray a bundt pan with Baking with Flour and set aside.
- Whisk the flour and baking powder together in a bowl and set aside.
- Using a stand mixer, cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Beat each egg into the butter sugar mixture just until incorporated.
- Add in the sour cream, lemon juice, and lemon zest and mix again.
- Next, add flour and milk, alternating between each until both are fully incorporated.
- Add in vanilla and mix again.
- Fold the blackberries in by hand and use a large spatula to stir them into the cake batter. If you use your stand mixer, you will crush them.
- Place the pan in the oven and bake for 55 – 65 minutes, checking often to make sure it is not overbaking.
- Remove the pan from the oven and allow it to cool on a wire rack until completely cooled.
- Flip the pan over on the wire rack and gently remove the cake.
- Serve with homemade whipped cream or vanilla bean ice cream.
- Category: dessert
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: blackberry pound cake
Drop me a comment below and let me know what you think of my Blackberry Lemon Pound Cake.
Pin For Later!
Looking For More Summer Recipes?
Check out your new favorite Crispy Buttermilk Chicken Sandwich with my signature secret sauce.
My Cajun Chicken Cakes with Homemade Remoulade are a crowd favorite. You can even freeze these uncooked cakes to pull out for a busy weeknight dinner.
Have you tried my Carrot Cake Banana Bread? It is outstanding – and you can leave it naked or ice it with my light vanilla cream cheese icing.
Strawberry White Chocolate Cookies anyone? These cookies won’t last a day in your house.
My Blueberry Banana Pie is the perfect pie for your next brunch or summer get together. Your entire family will be begging you to share this recipe.
Try my Vanilla Pound Cake a la Darlene. My recipe makes a huge loaf cake that you can easily freeze for later.
This creamy balsamic salad dressing will become your new favorite. It is perfect on any summer salad.
My Monterey Jack Salsa will be your next favorite dip this summer.
How About Some DIY’s?
I’ve got a simple method to help you re-pot your succulents and refresh the containers for your summer patio.
Don’t forget to check out my method to get your patio cushions so clean. Your husband will think you bought brand new cushions!
Make sure to try out my window cleaning recipe. My formula will get all your glass surfaces streak free and unbelievably clean.