Apple Roses are all over Pinterest and Instagram this holiday season.
This dessert is so simple.
But, you look like a pastry chef.
Here’s my take on this gorgeous dessert that will have all your guests mesmerized.Print
J Dub’s Apple Roses
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Yield: 6 apple roses 1x
This dessert will have your guests mesmerized. The best part – they are so easy to make.
- 2–3 Honeycrisp apples
- 1/4 cup apple jelly
- 1/4 cup apricot preserves
- 1 T vanilla
- 2 T butter
- 4 T sugar
- Juice of one lemon
- 1 box puff pastry
- homemade cinnamon sugar (I use a ratio of 2 to 1 sugar to cinnamon)
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Unbox your puff pastry sheets and allow to thaw on the counter. It takes about 30 minutes.
- Using a mandolin, slice your apples as thin as possible.
- Sprinkle sugar all over the apples.
- Place the apples in a microwave safe bowl and heat for 3 minutes.
- Squeeze the juice of one lemon on the apples and allow them to cool.
- Add 1/4 cup apricot preserves, 1/4 cup apple jelly, 2 T butter, 1 T vanilla to a sauce pan.
- Turn the heat on low and heat until butter has melted. Set the filling mixture to the side.
- Open up one puff pastry sheet.
- Using a rolling pin, roll the dough out to to be about 12-14 inches long.
- Cut the dough into 3 strips using the seams in the dough as a guide.
- Place your apple slices with skin side facing out down the long side of a puff pastry strip.
- You want the apples to peak over the dough approximately 1/4 inch.
- Layer the slices all the way down the strip.
- Using a pastry brush, generously baste the dough that does not have apples on it with the filling.
- Sprinkle the apples with cinnamon sugar.
- Roll the apples over from one end to the other to form a rose.
- Repeat with the remaining strips and the second piece of puff pastry.
- Place the roses in a muffin tin, sprinkle them with more cinnamon sugar, and baste some more of the filling on top of them.
- Bake them for 40 minutes.
- Once you remove them from the oven, you can baste them with the filling again.
- Serve these with a scoop of Bluebell Ice Cream and drizzle more filling over the ice cream.
- Store any remaining roses in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Category: dessert
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: apple roses
Please drop me a comment and let me know how your friends and family enjoyed J Dub’s Apple Roses. I would love to know if you make these over the holidays.
Pin For Later!
Looking For Some Holiday DIY’s?
Check out my nutcracker napkin fold! Your kids, friends, and family will love the secret surprised stashed inside.
Create a one of a kind terrarium using a special ornament and a lantern or glass vase.
My DIY candle wraps take a white candle from plain to spectacular in just a few short minutes.
If you have pampas grass in your yard, you definitely want to check out my Pampas Grass Christma Tree Tutorial!
If you love sugar molds and brush trees, this DIY is perfect for you !
And if you love footed trays, this tutorial is perfect. You will never believe what I used for the feet.
Still Need More DIY’s?
Did you see my latest wreath DIY? This dried hydrangea wreath is the perfect fall accessory for your tablescapes, mantels, and front doors.
If you are looking for a furniture project, check out this nightstand that got a big time makeover.
Don’t forget to try my method to clean all your glass surfaces. You will never rely on Windex again.
Have you seen the DIY outdoor dining space I just completed?
My old and tired wooden table and chairs got a whole new lease on life!
Here’s another DIY furniture project where I also used wax. The finish is fabulous!.
Have you ever dried an artichoke? This DIY is so easy to complete. You will end up with the most gorgeous muted dried pieces to use in all your floral decor.
Do you want to create a beautiful moss wreath like mine? I have a tutorial! This would an excellent gift for that special lady for in your life.
Have you seen my Aged Pot Tutorial? It’s a great way to transform any piece of pottery into an aged antique beauty!
And, don’t forget my fig topiary is the perfect gift for your favorite gardener.
How About Some Recipes?
You have got to try my Vanilla Bean Cheesecake. The ingredient list is short, but the end result is magnificent.
Let.s not forget about my world famous Red Beans and Rice. This is the perfect meal for a weekend get together with friends and family.
My stuffed olive sausage balls are a hit for any tailgate or holiday party this season.
Have you tried my Carrot Cake Banana Bread? It is outstanding – and you can leave it naked or ice it with my light vanilla cream cheese icing.
Eggplant Parmesan anyone?
Try my Vanilla Pound Cake a la Darlene. My recipe makes a huge loaf cake that you can easily freeze for later.
My dill pickle dip is the perfect appetizer to serve at your next tailgate party
This creamy balsamic salad dressing will become your new favorite on all types of salads.
My Monterey Jack Salsa will be your next favorite dip this fall.
Don’t forget to follow me on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest to see all the daily happenings going on over at J Dub By Design™!
VanessaDecember 17, 2021 9:41 pm
I made these Saturday night for my girls Christmas exchange dinner. FABULOUS IS AN UNDERSTATEMENT!